Industry News and Press Releases
We are overwhelmed by the momentum felt at Avid Connect 2017, our fourth annual Connect event from April 22-23 in Las Vegas. You could feel the energy and excitement building as more than 1,300 attendees from over 44 countries and nearly 600 organizations joined us at the Wynn to hear our revolutionary announcements in-person, network with media pros, attend breakout sessions, and overall, help us push the limits of the media industry even further. We want to applaud the energy and commitment shown by our Partners to driving innovation in our industry.
During the opening session, Louis Hernandez, Jr. shared a number of key announcements, from the launch of Media Composer | First and the native integration of Dolby Atmos in Pro Tools to new services on our industry-leading MediaCentral Platform. But the high point of the morning came when Louis unveiled a strategic partnership that was months in the making—a partnership with Microsoft to help bring Avid Everywhere into the cloud.
Throughout the rest of Avid Connect, attendees participated in over 30 breakout sessions across three tracks covering all segments of the industry. Each session drew a crowd, with many standing room only, and every session was led by either an award-winning creative (Gravity, The Walking Dead, Transformers), innovative professional (Facebook, NBC, Al Jazeera), industry organization (IABM, TVNewsCheck, SVG), or industry expert.
Additional Avid Connect Highlights:
- Readout of the inaugural ACA Vote (Nearly 8,000 participants working with Avid to set the future direction of the industry)
- Keynote from Microsoft’s Scott Guthrie
- Keynote from Jonathan Perelman
- 37 Sponsor organizations
- Evening & networking events that included social lounge areas, pool party with a splash mob, electric violist, and cocktails in the exhibit hall.
- 11 ACA Board / Advisory Council / Sub Committee Meetings were held just prior to Avid Connect
- A new Technology Advisory Council was launched and met for the first time
- A Graphics Sub Committee met for the first time
Now let’s keep this momentum moving forward! You can register for Avid Connect 2018 for the special rate of $150 USD when the register today. But hurry, before this very low rate sells out and the price increases. For more details visit: www.avidconnect2018.com.