Providing Certainty of Image
NEON 17 is a precision on-set and in-studio HD HDR production monitor-recorder featuring 1000Nit fullscreen brightness, 0Nits deep black and wide colour gamut accuracy.
Connect cameras or any video source via SDI supporting up to 4K DCI 60p via 12G or Dual 6G or lower resolutions and frame rates via 1.5/3G SDI with up to 12 channels of embedded audio. HDMI 2.0 provides support for 4K up to 60p and HD up to 120p.Recordings are captured to industry standard Apple ProRes of Avid DNx Codec with rich metadata in the file header that can be utilized by your NLE or MAM system to asset orchestration.
Flexible and Upgradeable I/O
The Neon series adopts a modular approach that ensures the I/O of the monitor is easy to maintain, replace and ultimately upgrade without having to decommission the panel. The Master Control Unit (MCU) is the brain of the Neon, with built in HDMI 2.0 and audio mini jack I/O. The MCU’s AtomX Expansion Port allows for upgrade to the connections, including the AtomX SDI Module which provides 2 x 12G SDI that can be used for dual link or separate inputs or outputs. As standards and interfaces develop, both the MCU and Xpansion port modules can be changed and upgraded to meet your needs without needing to change the entire monitor.
AtomOS enhanced playback
NEON includes essential monitoring tools from slow motion playback, frame-by-frame analysis and preview tools including full scopes, zebra, false color, focus peaking, exposure and LUTs.
Selectable monitor modes allow you work in either SDR or HDR with settings that match both camera acquisition settings or defined delivery standards including Rec.709, Rec.2100 HLG or ST.2084 PQ. Neon provides reliable color reproduction with DCI-P3 coverage, wide color gamuts such as BT.2020 can be processed accurately. Downstream outputs option also provides for conversion between standards to best suit the target display with options for LOG put to HDR.
Frame Guides, Safe Areas & more
A variety of broadcast frame guides with the option for Graphic and Action safe areas. Cinematic guides are also available, with additional anamorphic de-squeeze mode with support for 2x, 1.5x and 1.33x to allow you to match a wide variety of lenses.
App control for simple operation
Connect your Neon over Bluetooth to the Atomos remote app. NOTE: an Apple iOS Device is REQUIRED for operation of NEON."
- 17” 16:9 FHD 1920 x 1080 display with DCI P3 wide gamut and 1,000,000:1 Dynamic contrast ratio
- 1000nits HDR with Dynamic Full Array Local Dimming to achieve full panel uniformity and deep blacks
- AtomHDR Display color pipeline management for LOG to PQ (HDR10), HLG with 3DLut for SDR workflows
- Support up to 4k60p via HDMI 2.0 or 12G SDI with 10-bit signal Loop outs
- Anti-glare screen coating and a wide viewing angle
- HD and 4k image processing and the output with DCI Crop or Down convert to HD
- AtomRemote OS provides control of all NEON function from iOS via Bluetooth (iOS Device REQUIRED for operation of NEON.)
- Factory calibrated with option for simple Automated Calibration Application with support for Xrite i1Display Pro Plus