Thunderbolt RAID and LTO-6 Tape Archiving Solution for Digital Workflows
- 1U rack mountable storage and archiving solution
- Supports up to six 2.5" hard drives or SSDs (add your own drives)
- Hardware RAID 0,1,5,6,10, 50 or JBOD operation
- Integrated LTO-6 tape drive - 2.5TB of storage per tape cartridge, up to 160 MB/second data transfer rate
- Four Thunderbolt 2 ports (dual Thunderbolt 2 buses)
- Ideal for mounting in standard 19" racks or DIT carts
- Mac OSX and Windows compatible
- Ships with 6-bay drive enclosure, IBM LTO-6 tape drive, LT0-6 data cartridge, Universal Cleaning Cartridge and two Thunderbolt cables
RAID & LTO-6. The Perfect Combo.
mRack DIT LTO-6 is a 1U rack mountable hybrid RAID and LTO-6 tape archiving solution designed to support today's digital workflows. Copy camera cards to high-speed RAID for online editing and then archive the raw footage and completed projects to LTO-6 tape to safeguard the media for the long term.
mRack DIT LTO-6 features four Thunderbolt 2 ports and connects to any Thunderbolt equipped Mac or PC. Add up to six spinning or solid state drives for integrated hardware RAID functionality. Archive assets to the on-board LTO-6 drive which provides 2.5TB of data storage per cartridge. LTO has a shelf life of 30+ years and is the most cost-effective storage medium on a cost per TB basis.
Hello LTFS. Drag and Drop Content to LTO-6 Tape.
mRack DIT LTO-6 supports the Linear Tape File System (LTFS). LTFS mounts the LTO-6 tape drive in the same way as a disk drive. This enables drag and drop functionality to the LTO tape cartridge.
Backup. Archive. Manage. Works with your favorite software.
mRack DIT LTO-6 is compatible with industry leading LTO archiving and media management software for macOS and Windows including:
- Axle Video - Axle
- Archiware - P5
- Imagine Products - PreRoll Post
- Pomfort - Silverstack XT
- Square Box - CatDV
- StorageDNA - DNA Evolution
- XenData - XenData 6 Workstation
- YoYotta - YoYottaID LTFS
Simple GUI. High-Speed Hardware RAID.
Add six of your favorite hard drives or SSDs. mRack DIT supports drives up to 9.5mm in height. Setting up a RAID set is easy using the included utility.
The dedicated RAID-on-Chip processor and onboard 512MB of DDR3 cache memory offloads RAID processing from the host system, ensuring stable and high-performance data transfers.
Overview of YoYottaID LTFS archiving software
YoYottaID LTFS includes all the features of YoYottaID and add the ability to create archives in parallel to two standalone LTO drives using LTFS. Quickly create industry standard archives on LTO-5, LTO-6 or LTO-7 tapes. YoYottaID names, formats, mounts and repairs tape archives. YoYottaID remembers the contents of every tape created so later on you can search to find the location of shots.
LTFS does allow access from the desktop, but it is not the fastest way to read and write. Remember that LTFS is a tape that cannot be accessed in parallel. YoYottaID has a smart queue, so multiple backups to tape can be started and they will be processed in order.