mRack LTO revolutionizes LTO, empowering users to easily connect LTO-6 technology to portable, desktop and all-in-one computers that feature Thunderbolt connectivity.
LTO tape offers a shelf-life of 30+ years and a reliability level that exceeds what is achievable with spinning disk and solid state drive technology. mRack is the ultimate archiving solution to safeguard important digital media for the long term. And LTO tape is not only more reliable than disk, but much more cost effective.
mRack LTO supports the Linear Tape File System (LTFS). With LTFS, mTape mounts just like a hard disk with drag and drop functionality.
- 1U rack mountable enclosure with single or dual LTO-6 tape drives
- Ideal for desktop use or for mounting in standard 19” racks or DIT carts
- 2.5 TB native storage capacity per tape cartridge
- LTO tape has a 30+ year shelf-life - Significantly longer than hard drives
- Up to 160 MB/second data transfer rate
- Reads and writes to both LTO 5 & 6 tapes
- Compatible with industry leading backup and archiving software
- Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports enables daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals
- Dual drive version enables writing to two LTO-6 drives simultaneously
- Windows compatible
- Ships complete with Fujifilm LT0-6 cartridges, Fujifilm Universal Cleaning Cartridge and Thunderbolt cable
Backup. Archive. Manage. Works with your favorite software.
mRack is compatible with industry leading LTO archiving and media management software for macOS and Windows including:
- Axle Video - Axle
- Archiware - P5
- Imagine Products - PreRoll Post
- Pomfort - Silverstack XT
- Square Box - CatDV
- StorageDNA - DNA Evolution
- XenData - XenData 6 Workstation
- YoYotta - YoYottaID LTFS