- Full Description
- What's Included
- Demo Videos
High-Performance, Fail-Safe RAID Solutions for HD/2K Production with High-Performance, Reliable Enterprise Drives
The new G-SPEED eS PRO from G-Tech provides professional content creators better than Fibre-Channel performance for demanding post production applications at a fraction of the cost. The compact and whisper quiet G-SPEED eS PRO features mini-SAS connectivity to a high performance PCIe x8 IOP RAID controller that supports RAID levels 0,1,3,5 and RAID 6. A single G-SPEED eS PRO enclosure with four 7200 RPM, SATA II Enterprise-class drives in RAID 0 mode supports multi-stream ProRes 422 HQ playback and a single-stream of uncompressed 10-bit HD. Two units with eight drives in protected mode (RAID 3 or 5) supports two simultaneous streams of uncompressed 10-bit HD or a single 2K DPX sequence. G-SPEED eS PRO is simply the most affordable, fail-safe desktop RAID storage solution designed specifically for high-end post.
When used with the G-Tech PCIe x8 RAID controller, G-SPEED eS PRO can easily be configured as a RAID 0, 1, 3, 5 or RAID 6. This flexibility enables the system to be tuned to the required level of performance and fault-tolerance necessary to support your application.
- High-speed, low-cost RAID designed specifically for professional content creation applications
- Whisper quiet aluminum enclosure features (4) hot-swappable drives and 12Gbit mini-SAS connectivity
- Supports multi-stream SD, ProRes 422, uncompressed HD & 2K DPX workflows
- 2-port, G-Tech PCIe x8 IOP RAID controller with 512MB RAM supports RAID levels 0, 1, 3, 5 and RAID 6
- Four hot-swappable Hitachi enterprise-class, 7200 RPM, 3.5" SATA II drives each with up to 32MB cache
- Storage capacities up to 8TB per unit scalable to 16TB
- Web-based configuration and management
- Auto-rebuild and email notification
- Removable "smart" cooling fan ensures quiet, reliable operation and data integrity
- Unique industrial design, compact all aluminum enclosure
- Mac OS X and Windows compatible
- Standard 3-Year Factory Warranty
Easy to Setup
G-SPEED eS PRO has a built-in Web GUI that is accessed via any local internet browser. This simple GUI is used to configure and monitor the RAID system. Many aspects of the system are monitored, including power supply voltage, Fan RPM and the temperature of the RAID controller & hard drives. In the event of a problem, G-SPEED eS PRO can send an email message to up to four recipients.
When used with the G-Tech PCIe x8 RAID controller a single G-SPEED eS PRO enclosure with four 7200 RPM, SATA II drives in RAID 0 mode supports multi-stream ProRes 422 HQ playback and a single-stream of uncompressed 10-bit HD. Two units with eight drives in protected mode (RAID 3 or 5) supports two simultaneous streams of uncompressed 10-bit HD or a single 2K DPX sequence.
G-SPEED eS PRO is simply the most affordable, fail-safe RAID storage solution designed specifically for high-end post.
- G-SPEED eS PRO Storage Unit
- (4) Removable Disk Modules
- AC Cables
- 2 meter locking mini-SAS Cable
- OPTIONAL 2-Port mini-SAS PCIe Adapter with IOP RAID Engine
- CD Manual & Product Drivers
- 1x 12Gbit, mini-SAS
- Type ? 4x SATA ii
- RPM ? 7200
- Cache ? Up to 32MB per drive
- 2x "smart" cooling fans
Optional RAID Controller:
- 2-port, PCIe x8 with Intel IOP348 (1.2GHz) processor
- 512MB DDR-II Memory
- RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10 or JBOD
- Web GUI RAID management via local host or Ethernet
- VSS (Variable Sector Size) for creating >2TB volumes on Windows XP
- 8.25" x 4.9" x 6.5" / 210 x 124 x 166 mm
- 12.5 lbs / 5.7 kg
- RAID Controller: Mac Pro (Intel processor) or PC with available PCIe x8 slot:
- Mac OSX 10.3.x or higher
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista
Tech Note: G-RAID models 3TB or larger require Win7 or Vista to run on Windows. Windows XP will not properly recognize them. Mac users can use any size G-Speed.