- Full Description
- What's Included
- Demo Videos
With more creative options and real-time, no-render editing of all popular SD, HD and even 4K and HDR formats, EDIUS Pro 9 is THE most versatile and fastest nonlinear editing software available. EDIUS Pro 9 gives you real-time editing of multiple formats and frame rates all on the same timeline. That means you can edit faster… and make the time to be more creative.
Best of all, with EDIUS Pro 9, there are no subscription fees — you buy it, you keep it — with a permanent license with free updates throughout the life of EDIUS Pro 9.x.
- Superior 4K workflow, including support for Blackmagic Design/AJA hardware (preview only) and EDL or AAF import/export with Grass Valley HQX with DaVinci Resolve
- Edit media files with different resolutions — from 24x24 to 4Kx2K
- Real-time conversion of frame rates on the same timeline delivers more efficient editing into the hands of editors
- Fast, flexible user interface, including unlimited video, audio, title and graphics tracks
- Support for the latest file formats — Sony XAVC (Intra/Long GOP)/XAVC S, Panasonic AVC-Ultra/AVC-Intra 422, AVC-Intra LT/LT 2K and Canon XF-AVC (import only), Sony RAW, Canon Cinema RAW/Cinema RAW Light, RED RAW, ProRes (Import only), DNxHD/HR (option), still image RAW
- Support for the latest color space for Log and RAW files — HLG/PQ, S-Log, Canon Log, V-Log/V-Log L, J-Log1, F-Log and LUT (.cube) file import
- Work natively with many different video formats, including Sony XDCAM, Panasonic P2, Ikegami GF, Canon XF and EOS movie formats
- Fastest AVCHD editing on the market (up to 3+ streams in real time)
- Multicam editing of up to 16 different sources simultaneously, with video output support
- Improved MPEG decoder and encoder
- Improved H.264/AVC decoder and encoder (for fast encoding of 4K XAVC)
- Accelerated 4K H.264 playback
- Optimized for Intel Core i architecture
- New GUI design for faster workflows
- 64-bit native processing with maximum memory access for streamlined real-time editing
- Proxy mode workflow for legacy computers helps extend their usability and increase ROI
- Supports Intel Quick Sync Video for extremely fast H.264 export (for Blu-ray Disc burning)
- Fast handling of large quantities of still image files (JPG, TGA, DPX, Cinema DNG and others)
- Primary color correction (RGB)
- 3-way color correction (YUV)
- Motion tracking
- High quality slow-motion (optical flow)
- High speed and high quality stabilizer
- High performance video layouter
- Various synthetic video filters such as masks and keyers
- Built-in image stabilization
- Direct to Blu-ray Disc and DVD timeline export
- OFX support for Magic Bullet and Sapphire plug-ins
- Ability to save a current project as a template in order to re-use preferred track settings, screen layout, etc.
- H.265/HEVC decoding support
- Support for high-resolution displays
- Native editing for HDR material
- Export in HDR for broadcasting and web distribution. This important enhancement addresses the growing use of HDR content and supplements the existing ability of EDIUS to work directly in 4K UHD
- Ability to mix SDR and HDR material on the same project, and output results in either color space
- Native end-to end support for HDR contents from professional and consumer camcorders from major camera manufacturers, and also for HDR video from drones and smartphones
- Workflow updates, such as Canon EOS C200 “Cinema RAW Light” decoding, still raw file decoding and improvement of the user interface
- Third-party hardware support update
- Mync (media management software) bundled with EDIUS 9 implements a powerful new Meta Smart Search function
Edius sales are restricted to North America only. We will not be able to complete your transaction if you are not in NA. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Specifications (Requires proof of full-time educational status)
Minimum System Requirements (standalone):
OS: Windows 7 (64-bit) SP1 or later, Windows 8.1 (64-bit), Windows 10 (64-bit) (version 1607 or later).
Note: See Memory section below for physical memory limits of each OS.
CPU: Any Intel Core 2 or Core iX CPU; any Intel or AMD CPU with SSSE3
Note: Multiple CPUs and/or multicore CPUs are recommended.
- 4 GB RAM minimum
- Requirements for RAM and video memory vary depending on the project format. For SD/HD projects: 4 GB or more RAM recommended. For 4K projects: 8 GB or more RAM recommended
Maximum amount of RAM is based on the physical memory limits of each OS.
- Windows 10, Enterprise and Pro, 64-bit: 512 GB
- Windows 8.1, Enterprise and Professional, 64-bit: 512 GB
- Windows 8.1, 64-bit: 128 GB
- Windows 7, Ultimate, Enterprise, and Pro, 64-bit: 192 GB
- Windows 7, Home Premium, 64-bit: 16 GB (not recommended for complex 4K projects)
- Windows 7, Home Basic, 64-bit: 8 GB (not recommended for projects above HD resolution)
|Project Format||RAM||Video Memory|
|SD and below||8-bit||1 GB||2 GB||256 MB||512 MB|
|10-bit||2 GB||4 GB||512 MB||1 GB|
|HD||8-bit||4 GB||4 GB||512 MB||1 GB|
|10-bit||4 GB||4 GB||1 GB||2 GB|
|Over HD (including 4K)||8-bit||8 GB||8 GB or more||2 GB||2 GB or more|
|10-bit||8 GB||8 GB or more||2 GB||2 GB or more|
Supporting higher resolution than 1024x768 32-bit. Direct3D 9.0c or later and PixelShader Model 3.0 or later is required
Requirements for video memory size when using GPUfx will vary depending on the project format. For 10-bit SD projects: 1 GB or more recommended, for HD/4K projects 2 GB or more recommended
Note: Requirements for video memory vary depending on the project format. See Memory section above for details.
6 GB of hard disk space is required for installation
Drive with SATA/7,200 RPM or faster is required for video storage:
- Available hard drive disc space should be twice the size of the file to be edited
- RAID-0 is recommended for HD and above resolution editing
- Chinese (traditional, simplified)
EDIUS 9 supports the following Grass Valley hardware:
- STORM 3G Elite
- STORM 3G
- STORM Pro
- STORM Mobile
- HDSPARK Pro
Blu-ray Disc writer is required when creating Blu-ray Discs
DVD-R/RW or DVD+R/RW drive is required when creating DVDs
Sound card with WDM driver support is required.
Internet connection required for software license activation; thereafter Internet connection is required once per month to maintain usage.
Service and Support
90-day limited warranty.
Note: External video decks/cameras may require a USB 2.0 port for connectivity.
Edius discount pricing only available in USA. All orders placed outside the USA will be charged MSRP price.
Academic versions of Edius are not upgradeable. If you want to upgrade to a new version later you will need to purchase a new license – either commercial or EDU if you still qualify