- Full Description
- What's Included
- Demo Videos
Upgrade from EDIUS Workgroup 8 (Cannot upgrade from prior versions of EDIUS, or education versions)
EDIUS Workgroup 9 means more formats and more resolutions in real time for the ability to Edit Anything, Anywhere, whether as a standalone user in the field or within network connected production infrastructures. EDIUS Workgroup 9 is the perfect finishing tool for broadcast news, news magazine content and studio programs, as well as organizational, documentary and 4K and HDR theatrical productions.
With more creative options and real-time, no-render editing of all popular SD, HD and even 4K and HDR formats, EDIUS Workgroup 9 is THE most versatile and fastest nonlinear editing software available. EDIUS Workgroup 9 gives you real-time editing of multiple formats and frame rates all on the same timeline. That means you can edit faster… and make the time to be more creative.
EDIUS Workgroup 9 has optional modules to connect to the GV STRATUS video production AND content management system and edit-in-place on a Grass Valley K2 SAN. Together with GV STRATUS, EDIUS Workgroup 9 introduces powerful speed and flexibility for broadcast, post-production and multiplatfom environments.
- Native editing for HDR material
- Export in HDR for broadcasting and web distribution. This important enhancement addresses the growing use of HDR content and supplements the existing ability of EDIUS to work directly in 4K UHD
- Ability to mix SDR and HDR material on the same project, and output results in either color space
- Native end-to end support for HDR contents from professional and consumer camcorders from major camera manufacturers, and also for HDR video from drones and smartphones
- Workflow updates, such as Canon EOS C200 “Cinema RAW Light” decoding, still raw file decoding and improvement of the user interface
- Third-party hardware support update
- Third-party hardware 50p/60p output support
- Mync (media management software) bundled with EDIUS 9 implements a powerful new Meta Smart Search function
- Interoperability with GV STRATUS (requires GV STRATUS Connect option)
- Launch from GV STRATUS settings, or independently
- Export different formats to different destinations within the GV STRATUS environment
- K2 Clip/K2 Program import/export (requires K2 Connect option)
- K2 Clip capture
- Capture and edit a growing file on K2
- K2 4K CMF import (beta)
- Superior 4K workflow, including support for Blackmagic Design/AJA hardware (preview only) and EDL or AAF import/export with Grass Valley HQX with DaVinci Resolve
- Edit media files with different resolutions — from 24x24 to 4Kx2K
- Real-time conversion of frame rates on the same timeline delivers more efficient editing into the hands of editors
- Fast, flexible user interface, including unlimited video, audio, title and graphics tracks
- Support for the latest file formats — Sony XAVC (Intra/Long GOP)/XAVC S, Panasonic AVC-Ultra/AVC-Intra 422, AVC-Intra LT/LT 2K and Canon XF-AVC (import only), Sony RAW, Canon Cinema RAW/Cinema RAW Light, RED RAW, ProRes (Import only), DNxHD/HR, still image RAW
- Support for the latest color space for Log and RAW files — HLG/PQ, S-Log, Canon Log, V-Log/V-Log L, J-Log1, F-Log and LUT (.cube) file import
- Work natively with many different video formats, such as Sony XDCAM, Panasonic P2, Ikegami GF, Canon XF format and EOS movie format
- Fastest AVCHD editing on the market (up to 3+ streams in real time)
- Multicam editing of up to 16 different sources simultaneously, with video output support
- Improved MPEG encoder speed and quality
- Improved H.264/AVC decoder and encoder (for fast encoding of 4K XAVC)
- Accelerated 4K H.264 playback
- Optimized for Intel Core i architecture
- New GUI design for faster workflows
- 64-bit native processing with maximum memory access for streamlined real-time editing
- Proxy mode workflow for legacy computers helps extend their usability and increase ROI
- Supports Intel Quick Sync Video for extremely fast H.264 export (for Blu-ray Disc burning)
- Fast handling of large quantities of still image files (JPG, TGA, DPX, Cinema DNG and others)
- OFX support for Magic Bullet and Sapphire plug-ins
- Ability to save a current project as a template in order to re-use preferred track settings, screen layout, etc.
- Primary color correction (RGB) LOG file support
- Primary color correction (RGB)
- 3-way color correction (YUV)
- Motion tracking
- High quality slow-motion (optical flow)
- Draft preview mode
- Built-in loudness meter with auto adjustments
- High speed and high quality stabilizer
- High performance video layouter
- Various synthetic video filters such as masks and keyers
- Built-in image stabilization
- Direct to Blu-ray Disc and DVD timeline export
- Project import/export as EDL, AAF, FCP 7 XML (import only)
- Dolby consumer license included as standard, which is applicable to corporate and consumer use of Dolby audio. For use in broadcast applications, the Dolby Professional/Plus license is available as an option for EDIUS Workgroup
- The K2 Connect option (purchased separately) supports K2 servers and storage, and an improved 4K workflow – the ability to edit growing 4K files and to be able to export 4K CMF files back to the K2 server
- H.265/HEVC decoding support
- Support for high-resolution displays
Edius sales are restricted to North America only. We will not be able to complete your transaction if you are not in NA. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Minimum System Requirements (standalone):
OS: Windows 7 (64-bit) SP1 or later, Windows 8.1 (64-bit), Windows 10 (64-bit) (version 1607 or later).
Note: See Memory section below for physical memory limits of each OS.
CPU: Any Intel Core 2 or Core iX CPU; any Intel or AMD CPU with SSSE3
Note: Multiple CPUs and/or multicore CPUs are recommended.
- 4 GB RAM minimum
- Requirements for RAM and video memory vary depending on the project format. For SD/HD projects: 4 GB or more RAM recommended. For 4K projects: 8 GB or more RAM recommended
Maximum amount of RAM is based on the physical memory limits of each OS.
- Windows 10, Enterprise and Pro, 64-bit: 512 GB
- Windows 8.1, Enterprise and Professional, 64-bit: 512 GB
- Windows 8.1, 64-bit: 128 GB
- Windows 7, Ultimate, Enterprise, and Pro, 64-bit: 192 GB
- Windows 7, Home Premium, 64-bit: 16 GB (not recommended for complex 4K projects)
- Windows 7, Home Basic, 64-bit: 8 GB (not recommended for projects above HD resolution)
|Project Format||RAM||Video Memory|
|SD and below||8-bit||1 GB||2 GB||256 MB||512 MB|
|10-bit||2 GB||4 GB||512 MB||1 GB|
|HD||8-bit||4 GB||4 GB||512 MB||1 GB|
|10-bit||4 GB||4 GB||1 GB||2 GB|
|Over HD (including 4K)||8-bit||8 GB||8 GB or more||2 GB||2 GB or more|
|10-bit||8 GB||8 GB or more||2 GB||2 GB or more|
Supporting higher resolution than 1024x768 32-bit. Direct3D 9.0c or later and PixelShader Model 3.0 or later is required
Requirements for video memory size when using GPUfx will vary depending on the project format. For 10-bit SD projects: 1 GB or more recommended, for HD/4K projects 2 GB or more recommended
Note: Requirements for video memory vary depending on the project format. See Memory section above for details.
6 GB of hard disk space is required for installation
Drive with SATA/7,200 RPM or faster is required for video storage:
- Available hard drive disc space should be twice the size of the file to be edited
- RAID-0 is recommended for HD and above resolution editing
- Chinese (traditional, simplified)
EDIUS 9 supports the following Grass Valley hardware:
- STORM 3G Elite
- STORM 3G
- STORM Pro
- STORM Mobile
- HDSPARK Pro
Blu-ray Disc writer is required when creating Blu-ray Discs
DVD-R/RW or DVD+R/RW drive is required when creating DVDs
Sound card with WDM driver support is required.
EDIUS Workgroup 9 does require activation on first use, but this can be done offline, from a different PC. Thereafter, unlike EDIUS Pro 9, an Internet connection is no longer required.
Service and Support
90-day limited warranty.
Note: External video decks/cameras may require a USB 2.0 port for connectivity.