- Full Description
- What's Included
- Demo Videos
The Z230 Small Form Factor Workstation from HP features a 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 processor. It supports multitasking as well as provides the processing power to support a variety of multimedia and software applications.
- Core i7-4770 3.4 8MB GT2 4C HT
- 16GB (2x8) 1600 non-ECC
- 256GB Solid State Drive
- NVIDIA Quadro K2000 2GB
- Thunderbolt 2
- Blu-Ray Writer
- Win 8.1 DG to Win 7 Pro 64
- 3/3/3 Year Onsite Warranty
Rock Solid Reliability
- This workstation is designed for heavy workloads. It is capable of handling the demanding workloads of business applications.
- HP's extreme testing and validation processes ensure that the workstation delivers superior performance and reliability in any environment.
- The workstation has minimum environmental impact and lowers your total cost of ownership with a 92% efficient power supply and enhanced system reliability.
- This workstation has earned a wide range of ISV certifications to deliver better and smarter performance.
The Workstation that Fits Your Workspace
- The redesigned workstation provides the capability and flexibility you demand in a 61% smaller form factor than the tower.
- Maintain impressive performance, greater storage capacity, more input/output ports, and greater flexibility while retaining the same small form factor size.
- Save time with easy data transfers. Accommodate more storage devices with four total drive bays, including a 2.5" HD bay for high-performance solid state drives.
- Boost the storage performance with RAID, solid state drives, or get the best of both worlds by combining large hard drives with an optional solid state drive as a cache device.
- Optimize this workstation for peak performance. The HP Performance Advisor helps you easily configure your system with suitable settings designed for specific applications.
Totally Immersive and Perfectly Productive
- Power to spare and share. The Intel Core i7 processor and rich NVIDIA graphics keep up with your work, thus increasing your productivity.
- Enjoy superior performance and energy efficiency from Intel's next generation processor architecture.
- With HP RGS (Remote Graphics Software) you can take your graphics intensive workstation applications wherever you go. Collaborate with colleagues around the office or around the world, in real-time.
What are the HP Z230 Workstations
Designed for 24x7 usage, the new HP Z230 Workstations raise the bar for entry workstations with next generation processor and graphics technologies combined with all new, redesigned chassis. These systems introduce significant improvements in performance, flexibility and energy efficiency for entry workstations, along with greater lifecycle stability (over 2 years). The HP Z230s offer more power and reliability than a business PC through Intel Xeon processor E3 version 3 series and error correction code (ECC) memory options.
What's special about the HP Z230 Tower Workstation
The HP Z230 Tower replaces the existing HP Z220 CMT, and like the HP Z230 SFF, comes with many improvements. The chassis is more compact and flexible, which is better suited for office spaces and cubicles that seem to be getting smaller. It also now neatly fits into a 4U rack space including the shelf kit. Another improvement is a rear ledge, which functions as a secondary handle in addition to the optional front optical bay handle. Another change in this generation is the introduction of a slim ODD bay to complement the two half-height bays, instead of a 3rd half-height bay.
As on the HP Z220 SFF, next generation Intel processors bring greater performance and power management, and energy efficiency gets a boost with a 92% efficiency power supply with a generous 400W capacity to tackle more demanding configurations.
In terms of IO ports, the HP Z230 Tower also features greater flexibility - with two DisplayPort and one DVI output for integrated graphics, and a USB 2.0 charging port at the front.
What are the at-a-glance features of the HP Z230 Tower Workstation
- HxWxD (399mm x 170mm x 442mm) (15.7 x 6.7 x 17.4)
- Windows 8 Professional 64-bit and other editions available1
- Intel C226 Workstation Chipset
- Intel Xeon processor E3-1200v3 family and 4th generation Intel Core i3/i5/i7 processors2
- 6 storage bays (2x HH 5.25, 1x slim ODD, 2x 3.5, 1x 2.5)
- Next generation integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600/ P4600
- Choice of several new 2D and professional 3D graphics cards from NVIDIA and AMD
- Five integrated USB 3.0 ports: 2 front, 2 rear, 1 internal
- 400W 92% efficient power supply
Core i7-4770 3.4 8MB GT2 4C HT
Xeon E5-1620v2 3.7 10MB 4C
Xeon E5-1650v2 3.5 12MB 6C
Xeon E5-1650v2 3.5 12MB 6C
Xeon E5-1680v2 3.0 25MB 8C
Xeon E5-2667v2 3.3 25MB 8C
Xeon E5-2643v2 3.5 25MB 6C
TWO Xeon E5-2630v2 2.6