- What's Included
- Demo Videos
Video Editing Software for the Advanced Moviemaker
With VEGAS® Movie Studio Platinum as your creative partner, transform your video clips and digital photos into lasting memories. Easy-to-use pro-level editing tools along with flashy titles and effects provide pure inspiration, not just video editing software.
A seriously-creative editing environment
Designed for fast editing and enhanced creativity, VEGAS® Movie Studio Platinum empowers your creative process with versatile editing tools and an incredibly powerful feature set.
Customize your workflow
Customize the user interface to match your workflow and maximize your efficiency. Save custom window layouts for specific tasks such as editing, audio recording, and finishing. Custom, personalized workflow layouts make easy video editing possible even with robust, sophisticated tools.
You call the shots! Combine up to four cameras into a single timeline clip event. Switch between four different camera angles with a click of your mouse to create a compelling multicam production. The Video Preview window shows all four camera streams at the same time. You decide which angle to show and when to show it. Switch between the four angles in real time as you watch your movie. Then, make fine timing adjustments, or refine your shot order at any time to perfect your finished product.
Let your projects grow as large as they need to be in order to represent your vision. Add up to 200 audio and 200 video tracks to any project. You now have all the space you need to use the powerful compositing and organizational features including robust picture-in-picture tools, so get as complex as you need to!
A creative way to move from scene to scene
Move from one scene to the next with a bounce, a shake or a shift in color. These are just a few examples of what makes transitions from NewBlueFX so much fun. Get creative results fast with the built-in presets or tweak any or all of the parameters to create your own new twist on these award-winning video transitions. VEGAS® Movie Studio video editing software and NewBlueFX: a perfect creative partnership.
Recover shaky video
Of course, video is all about action! And action means movement that isn't always perfectly steady. Go ahead; mount your camera on your bike, boat, sled, or surfboard and capture every exciting move. Advanced image stabilization, powered by ProDAD’s industry-leading Mercalli V2 video stabilization technology, turns that shaky performance into smooth-flowing video.
Enhance your colors
Clarify the shadows, enhance the mid tones, set your whites for pure white. The Color Corrector filter provides an easy-to-use three-wheel interface and gives you complete control over your colors, saturation and gain adjustments. Zero in on and tweak one particular color with the Secondary Color Corrector while you leave other colors unchanged. Change that color to a different hue or make it stand out while you transform all the other colors into black and white. Use a wide range of additional color correction filters to make dull video look vibrant or create special color effects.
Enhance your movie with music
Designed to be easy for any movie editor to use but with features that the pro musician expects, Music Maker software provides exactly what you need to create a custom music track for your video. Build excitement, add romance, and crank up the emotional factor with music. Create the basic arrangement with loops, add software instruments, add your voice, and then put it all together with professional effects and mastering tools.
Author a DVD or a High-Definition Blu-ray Disc
Create DVDs and stunning high-definition Blu-ray discs with play buttons, menu navigation controls, surround sound audio, and Hollywood-style titles. Select from over 100 high-resolution wide-screen templates. Add chapter markers to locate specific scenes. Add captions and parental controls. Preview and test all your movies and controls before you burn your disc. A DVD or high-definition Blu-ray disc makes a perfect gift for friends and family.
- Easy to use Drag-and-Drop editing workflow
- Multicam editing tools
- Automatic slideshow creation
- Support for High Definition and 4K video
- Frame-accurate preview editing with hover scrub technology
- Support for High DPI monitors
- AVC/MP4 format support for optimum streaming
- Picture-in-picture creation tools
- You need a 64-bit version of one the following operating systems: Microsoft® Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10
- 2 GHz processor (multicore or multiprocessor CPU recommended for HD or stereoscopic 3D)
- 1.25 GB hard-disk space for program installation
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- USB 2.0 connection (for importing from AVCHD, XDCAM EX, NXCAM, or DVD camcorders)
- 512 MB GPU memory
- Supported NVIDIA®, AMD® or Intel® GPU
- Windows-compatible sound card
- DVD-ROM drive (for installation from a DVD only)
- Supported CD-recordable drive (for CD burning only)
- Supported DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW (for DVD burning only)
- Supported BD-R/-RE drive (for Blu-ray Disc burning only)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 SP1 (included on application disc)
Requires a CUDA-enabled GPU and driver 270.xx or later.
- GeForce GPUs: GeForce GTX 4xx Series or higher (or GeForce GT 2xx Series or higher with driver 285.62 or later).
- Quadro GPUs: Quadro 600 or higher (or Quadro FX 1700 or higher with driver 285.62 or later).
NVIDIA recommends NVIDIA Quadro for professional applications and recommends use of the latest boards based on the Fermi architecture.
Requires an OpenCL-enabled GPU and Catalyst driver 11.7 or later with a Radeon HD 57xx or higher GPU. If using a FirePro GPU, FirePro unified driver 8.85 or later is required.
Requires an OpenCL-enabled GPU such as HD Graphics 4000.
AAC, AA3, AVI, BMP, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV, AIFF, FLAC, MP3, OGG, PCA, SND, W64, WAV, WMA, GIF, JPEG, PNG, WDP, CDA, SFA
AVC/AAC, AVI, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV, MOV, AVCHD, RM, MVC, XAVC S, AAC, AIFF, FLAC, LPEC, MP3, OGG, PCA, W64, WAV, WMA, BMP, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, WDP, WMPhoto, DDS, DPX, EXR