NewTek TriCaster Mini 4K | NDI
An easy to use compact video creation system to let anyone with a story to tell make fun and exciting shows without needing production expertise
Free Shipping for Orders IN THE USA
You have a story to tell
Communicating effectively has never been more important than it is right now and creating content that is just as good as network style TV is what people expect. Ensure your content is available and accessible with one of the most complete video production systems on the planet.
The Portable Production System That Let You Deliver Professional-Quality Broadcast - Now With Outputs & Streams In Higher Resolutions.
Powerful Switching & Compositing
Powered by innovative software-driven technology, TriCaster gives you the tools to turn every frame of video into an artistic masterpiece. Consider the screen a blank canvas and unleash your inner artist with multi-camera switching, mix effects, zero-latency video re-entry, custom animated transitions, a full-motion composition engine, and much more.
Simplified IP Connectivity with NDI
Say goodbye to the tangled mess of bulky video cables and take advantage of the plug and play simplicity of NDI (Network Device Interface) IP video protocol. Connect to a wide variety of NewTek NDI-enabled products, along with the world’s largest ecosystem of third-party IP video products using a single network cable for video, audio, key, control, tally, and in some cases power over Ethernet.
Skype TX Integration
Conduct two simultaneous live Skype video call with any remote guest, anywhere in the world. TriCaster systems are the only video production systems to feature direct Skype TX software integration with broadcast-quality video and balanced audio, allowing you to present production-ready conversations, interviews, reports, and more—regardless of the caller’s device.
Learn more about TriCaster Mini 4K | NDI
- Full Description
- What's Included
- Demo Videos
NewTek TC Mini is an easy to use compact video creation system to let anyone with a story to tell make fun and exciting shows without needing production expertise.
You don’t have to be a video expert to tell your story with television-quality results. With TC Mini, you can be on your way to making a show in resolutions up to 4K UHD for delivery to any type of screen you want within minutes of opening the box. TC Mini takes portable live production to new heights with hundreds of amazing features, including virtual sets, social media publishing, multi-channel audio mixing, streaming, integrated media playback, and even live motion graphics and Live Story Creator MS Word® show automation with Premium Access. TC Mini delivers you all the benefits of IP based production using NDI® for easy connectivity to media components while leveraging simple one-to-one connections to your HDMI cameras and devices without cable length limitations.
No other portable video creation system offers so many easy and enjoyable ways to tell stories in such a small package for the price than TC Mini. The compact unit is easy to transport and set up with all the features you need to deliver high quality shows to screens and displays of any size or shape. With NDI®, TC Mini connects to a wide variety of NewTek and third-party systems over IP like cameras, converters, and custom software applications. Direct one-to-one connectivity with HDMI cameras and devices simplifies configurations and removes cable length limitations
No other portable video creation system offers so many easy and enjoyable ways to tell stories in such a small package for the price than TriCaster Mini 4K. The compact unit is easy to transport and set up with all the features you need to deliver high quality shows to screens and displays of any size or shape. With NDI®, TriCaster Mini 4K connects to a wide variety of NewTek and third-party systems over IP like cameras, converters, and custom software applications.
- Complete Production
Produce amazing content with hundreds of advanced production capabilities for video switching, playback, mix effects, graphics, audio mixing, virtual sets, and more.
- Format Flexibility
Deliver an immersive viewing experience for programs, performances, events, and sports intermixing formats up to UHD 60p resolution.
- Native IP Processing
NDI® video, audio and data transmission over IP with near-zero latency. Instant access to and seamless interchange with essentially unlimited IP sources from anywhere across the network.
- Multi-Source Video Mixing
Use any combination of 8 external compatible IP video sources including cameras, mobile devices, Skype video calls, computers, streaming media, audio/video files, graphics, and more.
- Multi-Destination Delivery
Produce digital media content in various aspect ratios, resolutions, and frame rates for any screen or schedule, with 4 IP live outputs, multi-channel recording, multi-platform live streaming, social media publishing, transfer to storage volumes or network locations, and more.
- Recording and Replay
Record 4 channels of full-resolution video to NDI® or QuickTime® files. Archive the master cut, ingest raw camera footage for post-production, cache production extras and presentation materials for on-demand, and capture real-time highlights for instant replay.
- Production Control
Build, save and use macros to combine functions, create simple customized soft panels with LivePanel™ for remote productions, and automate shows including switching and graphics using teleprompter control based on scripts with embedded commands using Live Story Creator.
- Live Sound Experience
A software-based audio mixer, support for digital, analog and network audio, Talk Back communication, and stereo audio mix to the output.
TC Mini Technical Specifications
Network Video Input
8 x IP video inputs via NDI®, resolution-independent
NDI inputs supporting video input in any combination of standard formats, resolutions, and frame rates1
• 2160p 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, 24, 23.976
• 1080p: 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, 24, 23.976
• 1080i: 59.94, 50
• 720p: 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25
• SD: 59.94, 50, 25
1 Available frame rates determined by session video standard (NTSC or PAL)
Support for up to 8 simultaneous Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) robotic cameras via serial and network protocols, including RS232, RS422, and IP, with integrated controls and preset system
Network Video Output
2 x independent IP video mix outputs via NDI®
2 x streaming video output, independently configurable, with simultaneous stream archive
4 x mini display port with HDMI output adapters
Up to 3 x of the outputs can support multiviewer displays depending on video resolution
Mix/Effect Buses (M/E)
4 x M/E buses supporting video re-entry
• 1 x Mix/Effect channel per bus with support for up to 2 sources
• 2 x KEY layers per bus
• 9 x memory slots per bus
2 x DSK channels
3 x media players
• 2 x DDR
• 1 x Sound
15 x media buffers
• 5 x animation buffers
• 10 x graphic buffers
Integrated LiveMatte™ chroma and luma keying technology on all source channels and M/E buses
• 8 x input keyers
• 2 x media player keyers
• 4 x M/E keyers
• 15 x buffer keyers
Integrated video composition engine on the switcher and each M/E bus to create, store, and apply layer configurations and DVE-style motion sequences
16 x configurable COMP presets per bus
Integrated LiveSet™ technology with 30+ live virtual sets and box effects included
Integrated DataLink™ technology enabling real-time, automated data input from internal and external sources, including webpages, spreadsheets, scoreboards, databases, RSS feeds, watch files, XML, CSV, ASCII and more
4 x recording channels from either NDI® inputs or Mix outputs (10 x with Premium Access)
• Records and retains alpha channel data
• 4 x QuickTime® archival video recorders (Native NDI Codec for recording)2
2 QuickTime Player not required for playback in common NLE applications
1 x 1 TB SSD internal drive
• Capacity varies by format, resolution and file specification
• Supports recording to external storage via USB 3.0
Grab full-resolution, deinterlaced still images from external video sources and outputs
Export video and image files to social media, FTP, local or external volumes, and network servers, with optional transcoding
Integrated multi-channel audio mixer with support for stereo audio, and DSPs
Local Audio Input
2 x embedded digital audio inputs through HDMI conversion
1 x 1/4” (6.35 mm) balanced mic
2 x 1/4” (6.35 mm) balanced line
Local Audio Output
2 x embedded digital audio outputs through HDMI conversion 2 x 1/4” (6.35 mm) balanced line
1 x 1/4” (6.35 mm) stereo headphones jack
• Native support for network audio input and output via NDI®
• Embedded audio supported for all NDI® input and output video signals
• Integrated support3 for Dante™ networking protocol from Audinate®
3 Requires Dante Virtual Soundcard license from Audinate (sold separately)
5 Requires third-party virtual sound card license (sold separately)
Supported Media File Formats
Import, store, and play back multimedia files, with optional transcoding, including:
• Video: AVI, DV, DVCPro, DVCProHD, FLV, F4V, H.263, H.264, MOV, MKV, MJPEG, MPEG, MP4, WMV, WebM, and more
• Image: PSD, PNG, TGA, BMP, JPEG, JPEG-XR, JPEG2000, EXR, RAW, TIF, WebP, and more
• Audio: AIFF, MP3, WAV, and more
Video: Floating Point YCbCr +A 4:4:4:4 Audio: Floating Point, 96 kHz
Support for network tally via NDI®
Support for standard MIDI protocol enabling third-party device control
2 x 1 Gigabit NIC
NewTek TC Mini system chassis, including adjustable handle and cable retention bracket
• 4.23 x 9.08 x 7.89 in (10.7 x 23.0 x 20.0 cm)
• 8.4 lbs (3.8 kg)
TC Mini Highlights:
• Switching, streaming, recording, and delivery in HD up to 1080p 60 fps, and 4K Ultra HD at 60 fps
• True IP switching, with native software-driven processing for maximum production power and flexibility
• Native integration of NDI®, NewTek’s innovative Network Device Interface technology, supporting video, audio, and data transmission over IP with near-zero latency
• Flexible HDMI integration with devices using external NDI input modules that eliminate HDMI cable length limitations
• Comprehensive camera coverage and compelling multi-source video mixing, including 4 external inputs
• Studio-grade Skype® video calling with Skype TX software support, including automatic Mix Minus for clean audio return to the caller
• Integrated video players providing playback, replay, and live editing without any additional hardware
• Capture up to 4 high quality NDI® or QuickTime® files from input or output sources for post-production, VOD, and archival needs, or up to 10 with Premium Access. Use the NDI I/O Plug-in for Adobe Creative Cloud to directly bring in files for editing and animation
• NDI HX Camera Application for Mobile Devices to use iOS based devices capable of up to UHD resolution video as NDI sources.
• Live stream programs with built-in encoders to Facebook Live, Microsoft® Azure®, Periscope, Twitch, YouTube™ Live, and more
• Real-time social media sharing to Facebook, Imgur, LinkedIn, Twitter, Vimeo, YouTube, and more
• Advanced audio mixing with multi-source configuration and control, professional DSPs, and stereo master output
• Premiere creative capabilities, including multi-bus mix effects, transitions, advanced chromakeying, spectacular live virtual sets, and more
• Compact portable device
• Additional advanced software functions such as Live Story Creator simple show automation and Live Panel custom software panels for control with Premium Access package.