- Full Description
- What's Included
- Demo Videos
Dialogue Search for Apple Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro
Boris Soundbite quickly and accurately finds any word or phrase spoken in recorded media. Video editors, producers, and journalists can instantly play all occurrences of a spoken phrase in their media, then insert the perfect take into their FCP or Premiere Pro project, organize clips around keywords, and even find replacement words for problematic audio. Based on Nexidia’s patented dialogue search technology - which has received accolades from Creative COW, DV Magazine, Post, and others - Boris Soundbite greatly reduces logging and transcription costs and lets you spend your time being creative instead of manually searching hours of video.
Boris Soundbite Key Features
- Find any word or phrase spoken in your media
- Search hundreds of hours of video in just seconds
- One-button import to Final Cut Pro or Premiere Pro, with markers and in/out points
- Fix noisy dialogue or change intonation with alternate takes of problem words
- Multiple languages supported
- Media stored on shared storage is instantly searchable by editors within a workgroup
Find Any Word or Phrase
Boris Soundbite finds any word or phrase which is spoken in your audio and video files. Simply select folders or Final Cut Pro projects and Soundbite will search hundreds of hours of media instantly. To refine your search, you can combine up to 8 different spoken phrases with standard file system and FCP metadata filters, then save your search criteria to save even more time later.
Select any clip in the results list and hit the Space bar to preview it in the Soundbite player window. Left/right arrows skip between hits in the file, up/down arrows skip to the next file. Colored markers in the player's timeline show where each hit occurs, and you can set in and out points to create sub-clips, then export selected clips directly to Final Cut Pro or Premiere Pro.
Export to Final Cut Pro or Premiere Pro
With a single click, selected clips from Soundbite will appear in your browser, bins, or projects, complete with colored markers for each dialogue hit and the in/out points you set in Soundbite. Each marker is named with the matching dialogue for easy reference. You can even push the markers into existing FCP clips to avoid duplicating media.
Multiple Languages Supported
Boris Soundbite currently supports multiple languages and dialects, including English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, and Dutch, with more to come. Soundbite includes your choice of one language; additional language packs are sold separately. For a complete list of currently supported languages and dialects, see the Compatibility page. Note: Each copy of Soundbite currently supports only one language at a time; future versions will let users switch between languages on the fly.
Boris Soundbite Version 2 adds support for workgroups, ensuring that all media stored on shared storage is instantly searchable by all editors within a workgroup.
- Mac computer with an Intel processor
- 1GB of RAM (2GB of RAM recommended when working with compressed HD and uncompressed SD sources; 4GB of RAM recommended when working with uncompressed HD sources)
- 200MB of disk space required for Soundbite application with one installed language
- 125MB of disk space required for each additional language
- For every hour of media which you wish to search, Soundbite will require approximately 6MB of storage space on your system drive.
- System Software
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- QuickTime 7.6 or later
- Any or all of the following:
- Final Cut Pro X, v7.x, or v6.0.2
- Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 or CS5.5
Soundbite supports any storage volume which will mount on your desktop, including SATA, FireWire, SAN, and NAS storage connected via Ethernet or Fibre-channel.
Soundbite currently supports the following languages and dialects:
- North American English
- United Kingdom English
- European Spanish
- Latin American Spanish
- European French