"Academy and Emmy Award-Winning VFX Tools. Boris FX Silhouette 2020 is here! Silhouette is a best-in-class, GPU-accelerated compositing application, delivering the industry’s most robust non-destructive paint and roto tools to feature film and visual effects teams. Since 2005, Silhouette has made its mark on Hollywood’s biggest films including Avatar, Black Panther, Avengers: End Game, and many more.
The Artists Tool for Roto, Paint & Tracking. Silhouette 2020 goes far beyond roto and effects cleanup tasks with tools to finish the most complex VFX shots thanks to node-based compositing with integrated keying, tracking, warping, morphing, OCIO color management, and OFX support for Mocha Pro and Sapphire plug-ins. Includes 143 VFX nodes with full stereoscopic support.
What's New in Silhouette 2020:
* Integrated Mocha tracking now included at no extra charge
* New Roto tools: Magnetic splines with edge snapping, RotoOverlay previews and Weighted Keyframe creation to change the timing of shape animations
* New Paint tools: New Dodge, Burn and Detail brushes as well as a frequency (detail) separation workflow for improved retouching
* Improved Planar Tracker: Group tracking of multiple planar surfaces in addition to tracking non-planar surfaces through overlapping shapes
* New nodes DOD and Extract Detail
* New interface enhancements: Multiple Viewers, Node and Object windows; Streamlined Workspace and more
* New bundle options: Add the Mocha Pro plug-in for Silhouette for increased tracking and VFX workflows
Constantly updated and improved.
Silhouette features the world’s most refined tools for rotoscoping teams. Create sophisticated keyframeable mattes using B-Spline, Bézier or X-Spline shapes. Intelligent design and easy-to-use tools, such as variable per-point edge softening, assist in creating articulate animations. Render mattes with realistic motion blur or export to industry-standard shape formats.
Advanced roto tools include:
* Highly-optimized interface, layer controls, and toolset
* New magnetic spline and edge-snapping tools to create shapes fast fast
* IK (Inverse Kinematics) to animate limbs and all manner of jointed creatures
* Integrated point tracking, planar tracking, and Mocha planar tracking option
* Stereoscopic 3D workflow
* Move, scale, rotate, shear, and corner pin shapes and groups of shapes
* Animation changes for one point or selected points across all keyframes
Additional 2020 roto improvements include the Freehand Selection tool to interactively control point selection, Weighted Keyframe creation to change the timing of shape animations, new RotoOverlay displays to visualize shape animation by displaying a preview of the motion path, motion blur or onion skin.
Paint is a high dynamic range non-destructive 2D paint system that handles the demands of feature film and 4K television production. Whether it’s image restoration, dust busting, matte painting, beauty work, rig removal or just plain paint, Silhouette provides the artistic tools to get the job done.
Auto Paint is a unique paint feature that records all paint activity with tight integration of both point and planar trackers. Paint strokes can be match moved or stabilized, giving Silhouette the speed of raster paint with the repeatability of vector paint.
New Features in Paint! Silhouette 2020 builds on its powerful paint tools with new brushes and tools for matte painting, clean-ups, and compositing. New brushes include Dodge, Burn, and Detail.
Optimized advanced cloning and beauty work: The new Detail Separation workflow allows artists to paint separately or simultaneously on color and detail layers.
2020 paint workflow improvements include: Auto Paint > Replay for repeatable paint control, new Brush Compare Modes to preview brush settings prior to paint, Show Shapes displays roto shape outlines in paint nodes, and the new Stroke Tool shortcut displays paint strokes in the viewer and history list. "