- Full Description
- What's Included
- Demo Videos
The professionals choice for video encoding.
For over 10 years, Sorenson Media has produced Squeeze, a powerful and easy-to-use encoding tool for rendering the highest-quality video and audio files. The desktop software includes NLE plug-ins for Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Pro, and Adobe Premiere to streamline professional video workflows. Squeeze supports one of the most extensive collections of input and output formats commonly used today and is perfect for rendering media files for the web, cell phones, disc players, and Apple___s iOS devices. The advanced features of Squeeze meet the demands of professional multimedia creators and offers a vast selection of customized encoding presets that require only limited knowledge of the complexities of video encoding.
Squeeze Desktop is Sorenson Media___s workhorse video encoding tool that will render the highest-quality video and audio files for professionals and hobbyists alike. Manipulate resolution, file output, and other specifications to create the finished video product you need. Use Squeeze to encode videos that you___ve created in Final Cut Pro, Avid, or Adobe Premiere to ensure that they come out looking as good as you imagined. Or use Squeeze to update your home movies so you can share them at a family reunion. Whatever the reason, Squeeze is your best video encoding option. Squeeze supports the most common input and output formats to ensure that your video can be shown virtually anywhere. Check out the different versions of Squeeze to find which best meets your needs.
HEVC is designed to double the data compression compared to AVC/H.264.
Multi-Rate Bundle Encoding
Automatically packages files for Apple HLS, Adobe Dynamic Streaming, Microsoft Smooth Streaming, MPEG DASH, and MP4. Five times faster than encoding separately!
We___ve added VP9, the successor to VP8. VP9 reduces the bit rate by up to 50% compared to VP8.
This new HLS security feature utilizes customized root URLs in manifest files in order to serve index files and media files from different locations.
Closed Caption Insertion
Import a separate .scc file and video file. Squeeze 10 will link the two together into broadcast streams.
Preliminary 4K support ___ Two 4K presets have been added including H.264 and x265.
NEW TO SQUEEZE 11:
-Import Sequenced Still Images: To help support the growing number of camera and mobile devices that have the option to export video out as individual frames in the form of a sequence of image files (i.e. Time Lapse footage), Squeeze 11 provides the ability to import "Sequenced Image Files" in the form of .jpg or .tif files.
-Multi-Track Audio Support: Squeeze 11 has implemented support for .MOV source files that contain multiple audio tracks and allows you to encode those tracks when exporting to MOV or MP4 output files. The most common workflow requested with this feature is multi-language track support but can be used in other scenarios as well.
-XDCAM OP1a (MXF): Sorenson Squeeze 11 has added support for exporting MXF with an additional Operational Pattern, the OP1a operational pattern. This operational pattern may include multiple tracks of audio and video that are interleaved into a single file, creating a self contained file. OP1a files can be exported by creating an MXF preset and selecting one of the three XDCAM Format Constraints.
- Removal of Output Frame rate Restrictions: Squeeze Desktop has always been a tool that focused on being powerful, flexible, and simple to use. In Squeeze Desktop 11 we have implemented the ability for you to export our output file at a frame rate that is greater than your source frame rate. This is done by strategically duplicating frames, allowing you to meet your file requirements while maintaining the quality of your video.
- Expanded 4k & UHD Support (64 bit processing): As 4K and UHD video becomes more and more common in our everyday video workflows, we find increasing importance for 64bit processing and system memory usage. In Squeeze Desktop 11 we have expanded our 64bit support to help your system handle the increased memory needs for processing content of these new frame sizes and data rates. 64bit encoding will slow down the encode time so it should only be used when necessary if you are worried about a job's throughput, but when you are doing the heavy lifting, working with 4K and UHD content, 64bit is the only way to go.
- Updated Codecs (x.264, h.264, VP9, x.265/HEVC): At Sorenson Media we always strive to provide our customers with the latest and greatest in encoding technology, Squeeze Desktop 11 is no different. We have updated the codecs that you already know and love, to bring you faster and more efficient encoding.
- High Bit-Depth Dithering Filter: Squeeze Desktop is the tool for anybody that needs to encode video and one of the features new to Squeeze Desktop 11 is High Bit-Depth Dithering. Dithering is required when you are working with High Bit-Depth Color, such as 10-bit color, and exporting as 8bit color. Dithering will automatically smooth over the color variations and banding that occurs during this color conversion, resulting in a great looking output file. Our new Dithering Filter helps you get the job done. To add even more flexibility to your encoding choices, you will find three different dithering methods to solve your dithering needs; truncate, triangular and bayer ordered. All three of these dithering methods do a great job and work fast, the choice often comes down to personal preference for your individual job.
- Text Watermark: New to Squeeze 11 is the Text Watermark filter, giving you a simple way to quickly watermark your output content and make sure viewers know who encoded or created the file.
- Avid ISIS Support
- Source File Info Dialogue: For a while now, the Squeeze Desktop team was looking for a way to give our customers more control over their source files, in version 11 we have added the "Inspect Source Information" dialog. This new feature gives you more information on your source file and how Squeeze is reading it, what Reader is being used, Frame Size, Audio Sample Rate and number of Channels, but this feature also give you the control to change how Squeeze thinks about some aspects of your source file, Aspect Ratio, Frame Rate, and Color Space (RGB & YUV 709). Explore this new feature in Squeeze Desktop 11.
Supported Video Codecs
Image Sequences (.jpg & .tiff), VP9, HEVC, H.264, x264, MPEG-4, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-TS, DV (DV25), VP8, H263, Motion JPEG A, JPEG2000, Animation, Avid DNxHD, Avid DV, Avid Meridien, Blackmagic (8 & 10-bit), Cinepak, DVCPRO25, DVCPRO50, DVCPRO HD, H.261, HDV, IMX, MJPEG A/B, Media 100, Pixlet, RAW, RED, Sheer Video, Sorenson Video 1 (SV1), Sorenson Video 2 (SV2), Sorenson Video 3 (SV3), Targa Cine, YUV, XDCAM, XDCAM HD 422, XDCAM EX, YCbCr, FLV 6 – 8, WM Screen V9, WMV 7 – 9 Advanced, VC1, WMV-Bluray HD, ProRes
XDCAM, x265, VP9, MC H.264, x264, Apple H.264, Sorenson MPEG-4, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, DV (DV25), VP8, MOV, Motion JPEG A, JPEG2000, Animation, Avid DNxHD, Cinepak, DVCPRO25, DVCPRO50, DVCPRO HD, H.261, HDV, IMX, MJPEG A/B, YUV, Pixlet (Mac only), Sorenson Video 3 (SV3), Sorenson Spark, H.263, WM Screen V9 (PC only), WMV 7 – 9 Advanced (PC only), VC-1, WMV-Bluray HD, ProRes (Mac Only)
Supported Video Formats
264, AVI, DV, FLV, M4V, M2V, MOV, MP4, MPG, MTS, MKV, MXF, SWF (output), VC1, WebM, WMV, 3GPP, Flash, AVI, Matroska, QuickTime, MPEG-2 PS, MPEG-2 TS, MXF (OP1a and OP-Atom)
Adaptive Bitrate Standards
Multi-Rate Bundling, MPEG DASH, Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), Microsoft Smooth Streaming (H.264) and Adobe Flash Dynamic Streaming
Supported Audio Codecs
AC3, AAC, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, MPEG Layer 1, MPEG Layer 2, LPCM, Windows Media Audio
Supported Audio Formats
AAC, AC3, AIFF, M2A, M4A, MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA
- Windows 8 or 10
- 1 gigahertz (GHz)* or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2
- 2 GB of RAM
- 200 MB of available hard-disk space
- QuickTime 7.2 or later
- DirectX 9.0b or later
- Mac OS X 10.10 or greater
- 2 GB of RAM
- 200 MB of available hard-disk space
Permitted Uses of Software