- Full Description
- What's Included
- Demo Videos
Teradek RT Wireless Lens Control Kit for RED Camera
Latitude Sidekick 3-Channel Wireless Lens Control System | 6-Axis Controller | RED Camera Control
The Latitude Sidekick is a best-in-class 3-channel wireless lens control system for cinematographers and independent content creators. It has an operational range of up to 5000ft (1.5km) and fits seamlessly onto the side of any RED DSMC2 camera. Built for the most demanding applications, the Latitude Sidekick controls focus, iris, and zoom with absolute precision using 3 brushless motors that offer faster response, smoother operation, and 4x the service life of brushed motors. Its 4-Axis controller is fully configurable and utilizes FHSS (Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum) over the 2.4GHz band to avoid interference in extremely challenging RF conditions.
The 6-Axis Controller gives you extraordinarily precise control over your lenses with 6 mappable axes (knob, slider, 2x wheels, and Forcezoom X + Y) and a rugged chassis that fits comfortably in your hands. Its FHSS wireless system effectively cuts through the toughest interference and transmits latency-free commands over the 2.4GHz band at up to nearly 5000ft (1.5km). Mounted at the top of the controller is an OLED screen with intuitive menu system for calibration and reference, while the back of the controller features a removable Canon LP-E6 battery, which offers up to 36 hours of continuous runtime. What sets the 6-Axis Controller apart from the 4-Axis is the inclusion of a Forcezoom joystick, which is used for controlling lens zoom with perfect accuracy.
Latitude Sidekick Motor Driver Receiver
The Latitude Sidekick motor driver receiver is designed to fit seamlessly onto the side of any RED DSMC2 camera. It supports up to 3 motors for FI+Z control (Focus, Iris, and/or Zoom) and can control run/stop on DSMC2 cameras. The system receives commands from any Teradek 4-Axis or 6-Axis Controller at up to 5000ft (1.5km) away and includes automatic or manual (softstop) calibration with a proprietary algorithm for torque control and lens protection. Since the Latitude Sidekick integrates with all RED DSMC2 cameras, it allows users to control EF/AF lens focus/iris with their own internal motors, in addition to camera shutter, ISO, run/stop and button features (2x magnification, edge, focus assist).
- Official RED third party accessory compatible with any DSMC2 camera
- Passes data through RED camera data pins
- Drives up to 3 lens motors and/or electronic focus and iris on Canon & Nikon lens using their built in motors
- The included cheeseplate, RED blanking plate, or RED Sidekick can be mounted over the Latitude Sidekick
- 2 slave controller inputs supporting Teradek Thumbwheels, Zoomrocker, or Smartknob
- Does not include built-in WiFi
MK3.1 Brushless Lens Motor
The MK.3.1 Brushless Motor is a revolution in wireless lens control, offering superior response, smoother operation, and 4 times the service life of brushed motors. The motor never cogs, sparks, or skips and operates nearly silently, even at high speeds.
- Adjustable motor response for silky smooth to quick and sharp moves
- Drive gear can be mounted on either side
- Lightweight, compact chassis design with super thin and flexible cables
- Support for 15mm/19mm rods with good height adjustment
- Full range of gears available
- 2.2Nm maximum allowable torque
Please allow 3 to 4 weeks to process the order of this product.
- This module requires more power than the RED can supply from the Sidekick port, so you need the external power and CTRL cable included. These connect neatly at the back/bottom of the module.
- The 3x LM 2-pin power outputs are passed through directly at the same voltage as the Power-Input.
- The MDR-SK does NOT have WIFI built in as it is for use with DSMC2 cameras which have integral WIFI.
- The RED SIDEKICK is fully supported and will power and communicate normally.
- The RED DSMC2 Side Handle is currently NOT supported due to physical warranty concerns but is undergoing testing.
- RED DSMC2 Sidekick is NOT included.
The Latitude Sidekick system comes as a kit and includes:
- 1 Lens Motor, 15/19mm rod motor bracket, 0.8 lens gear [15-0025]
- MK3.1 6-Axis Controller [15-0002]
- Latitude Sidekick Receiver [15-0012]
- Latitude Motor Cable 20cm [11-1388]
- Latitude RED CTRL Cable 25cm [11-1383]
- Latitude DTAP Power Cable [11-1378]
- 2m Controller Wired Mode Cable [11-1413]
- Hard Case [11-1416]
- Latitude Sidekick Cheeseplate [11-1425]
- Neck-strap [11-1443]
- LP-E6 Duracell Battery [14-0014-1]
- LP-E6 Travel charger 
- White disc x3 [11-1441]