- Full Description
- What's Included
- Demo Videos
Professional grade graphics and unparalleled color confidence
Push the boundaries of performance without pushing the boundaries of portability. HP's biggest and most powerful mobile workstation just got 25% thinner and 11% lighter than the previous generation, with a stunning magnesium aluminum facelift.
Get exceptional, consistent 10-bit color precision, out-of-the-box color calibration, and sRGB, BT709, and Adobe® RGB coverage from HP DreamColor technology. In fact, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has honored John Frederick, Bob Myers, Karl Rasche, and Tom Lianza with a Scientific and Engineering Award for developing the HP DreamColor Professional Display. Now the standard color-critical display at most of the major animation and VFX studios worldwide, the HP DreamColor Professional Display powered the creation of four of the five Best Visual Effects nominees at this year’s Academy Awards®.
Defined by HP Z DNA
Work confidently with HP mobile workstations designed around 30 years of HP Z DNA with extensive ISV certification. It’s reliable, designed to pass MIL-STD 810G testing, and endure 120K hours of testing in HP's Total Test Process.
HP’s ZBook Mobile Workstations are also equipped with a complete security solution, enabling robust remote configurability and manageability of your HP ZBooks, automating data protection, and help reduce down time for users and IT due to BIOS attack or corruption, with exclusive HP Sure Start technology.
- Support your unique user needs with Windows 10 Pro with downgrade rights to Windows 7 Pro.
- The HP ZBook 17 Mobile Workstation delivers style, impressive performance, and long battery life.
- Get powerful performance from the quad core Intel® Xeon® processor.
- Take productivity up a notch with NVIDIA® Quadro® 3D graphics with up to 4GB of video memory.
- Take on challenging tasks with confidence with up to 32 GB DDR4 memory for no compromise capacity, performance and reliability.
- Reduce boot up, calculation, and response times by revolutionizing how your HP ZBook handles large files with optional 512GB HP Z Turbo Drive G2, storage for a remarkably fast and innovative solution.
- Quickly and easily transfer data and connect to devices. This mobile workstation is packed with multiple ports including dual Thunderbolt™ 3 ports, HDMI, and more.
- Work with a crystal clear 17.3 inch LED DreamColor ultra HD (UHD) ultra wide view angle (UWVA) Anti-Glare display enabled for Webcam flat (3840x2160).
- Intel® Xeon® E3-1535M v5 (2.90 GHz, up to 3.80 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 2133 MHz, 8 MB L3 Cache, 4 cores)
- Chipset: Mobile Intel® CM236
- Windows 10 Pro 64 w/Downgrade Facilitation Win 7 64
- Win 10 Driver DVD
- NVIDIA Quadro M4000M Graphics (4 GB dedicated GDDR5)
- WEBCAM Integrated 720p HD
- Display: 17.3" diagonal UHD DreamColor UWVA IPS anti-glare + PSR LED backlit (3840 X 2160)
- 32GB (4x8GB) 2133 ECC DDR4
- 512GB Z Turbo Drive PCIe Solid State Drive
- WLAN: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® 4.0 combo
- No WWAN
- Fingerprint Reader
- Audio: Bang & Olufsen HD audio. Integrated stereo speakers and microphone (dual-microphone array when equipped with optional webcam). Button for volume mute, functions keys for volume up and down. Combo microphone-in/stereo headphone-out jack.
- 6 Cell 96 WHr Long Life
- 200 Watt Smart PFC Slim AC Adapter
- C13 1.8m Power Cord
- Dual Point Backlit
- 3/3/3 Warranty
- Expansion slots: 1 SD UHS-II flash media; 1 smart card reader (SD supports next generation secure digital and is backward compatible to SDHC, SDXC)
- Ports and connectors: Left side: 1 RJ-45; 2 USB 3.0; 1 USB 3.0 (charging); Right side: 1 power connector; 2 Thunderbolt™ 3; 1 VGA; 1 HDMI 1.4; 1 USB 3.0; 1 stereo microphone-in/headphone-out combo
- Input devices: HP Spill Resistant Keyboard (backlit with function key control), Image sensor touchpad with on/off button, two-way scroll, gestures, three pick buttons. Pointstick with three additional pointstick buttons.
- Software: HP Mobile Workstations are shipped with a variety of software titles including: HP Performance Advisor, HP Remote Graphics Software, HP Velocity, HP Client Security, HP Drive Encryption (FIPS 140-2), Microsoft Security Essentials, HP ePrint Driver, HP Recovery Manager, Foxit PhantomPDF Express. Please refer to this product's quick spec document for a full list of preinstalled software.
- Energy efficiency compliance: ENERGY STAR® certified and EPEAT® registered configurations available
- Environmental certification: Low halogen
(w x d x h)
16.5 x 11 x 1.2 in
420 x 280 x 30 mm
Starting at 6.62 lb
Starting at 3 kg
HP zBook 17G3 DATASHEET
HP zBook 17G3 QUICKSPECS
HP zBook FAQs
Compare HP Workstation Models