- Full Description
- What's Included
- Demo Videos
Integrated 2D and 3D Title Animation
Quickly create your own titles or pick from 100s of presets and styles.
New Supported Hosts
- Resolve 11
- Pinnacle 17 & 18
- Lightworks 12
- EPS Import and Extrusion
- Scalable vector art can now be imported directly into Graffiti. Users can add, delete, or modify the original spline points right within the Graffiti interface and the result can be extruded and animated in 3D space. The advantage to working with scalable vector art is that unlike raster art which is pixel based, vector art never suffers a loss in quality when it is resized or scaled. Most company logos are generated in this format.
- Vector Text
- Text created in Graffiti using the vector text option remains razor sharp at any scale. This becomes important when dealing with titles that change size at different points along the timeline - for instance when letters appear to pop on or off the screen from behind the camera. Raster-based text will display visible artifacts when scaled but because the text in Graffiti is vector-based, it is always sharp.
- Type-On Title Animation
- Graffiti includes some very powerful type-on controls for generating animated titles which makes it very easy to create eye-catching animations. Make titles appear to pop in to the center of the scene from behind the camera or slide in from left or right. Add jitter to the color or position of a title or page of text.
- Text On a Path
- Text can be animated along a user-generated vector path in Graffiti. Options include the ability to set the angle of the letters along the path, the position of the letters on the path, and the justification of the text along the path. The reverse path option flips the text upside down along the path. Motion blur can be added to the text for added realism.
- Rolls, Crawls, Fades, Zooms
- The Title Container in Graffiti automates the chore of creating rolls, crawls, faces, zooms, and shuffles. With unlimited pages of text per container, built-in DVE controls, a background generator, 27 composite mixable modes with built-in color correction tools, and of course motion blur, creating titles has never been easier.
- 16 Bit Color
- 16-bit deep-color provides the user with the ability to generate smoother gradients and more precise color correction via an expanded color palette, which expands the available color gamut from 16 million in 8-bit color to trillions of colors. The result is that gradients are far less prone to mach banding or color stepping. 16-bit color in Graffiti is host dependent and will only work in hosts that support this feature.
- Nearly 80 Filter Effects
- The original filter effects in Graffiti have all been replaced with the more powerful filters from the Boris Continuum Complete package and the number of effects filters that ship with Graffiti 6 has been increased to nearly 80. The list of filter effects includes radial blurs, particles, glows, distortions, and procedural generators such as snow, rain, and clouds. In addition, a number of filters from the Final Effects Complete package are now included with Graffiti.
- Support for 3rd Party AE Plug-ins
- Many 3rd-party After Effects filters can be used in Graffiti and thereby the editing system into which Graffiti is plugged into making it easy to use some of your favorite AE filters in the host editing environment.
- 3D Shapes
- Graffiti includes the ability to map generated text onto 3D objects such as cylinders, spheres, and cubes. These objects can be manipulated in 3D space with controls for camera, lights, and motion blur. Each of the objects has its own unique features, such as the ability to disassemble a cube over time or unwrap a cylinder or sphere over time. You can even map text onto a page turn shape and peel back pages of text to create flip-book style text animations.
- 3D Modifiable Spline Primitive Shapes
- Several spline primitive shapes are included with Graffiti and all of these shapes can be filled, stroked, or even extruded into 3D objects. The extruded objects can also be reflection, texture, and bump mapped for added realism. Every aspect of the shapes can be modified by the user; points can be added, deleted, or manipulated just like any other bezier spline shape.
- 3D Text
- Any 2D text object can be extruded and converted into a 3D object in Graffiti. Reflect the background track onto the 3D text that is above it, add a separate texture track to the text, or use bump mapping for added photo-realism. The position, orbit, and pan camera controls make it easy to animate the 3D object in 3D space and the depth of field option emulates the out of focus ranges of real camera lenses.
- 2D and 3D Chart Generator with Import
- The Chart Generator in Graffiti enables users to enter data in a spreadsheet format via the built-in chart editor, which is then converted into flat or extruded graphical charts. Charts can take on the form of pie, bar, line, and filled and can be animated and revealed or removed in a true 3D environment. Graffiti charts can also be generated from imported user data saved in Microsoft Excel format.
- Gradient Generator
- Included in Graffiti is a procedural media generator that is capable of generating smooth gradients with options for linear, contour, bevel, edge, and revolve gradient styles. Every parameter of the gradient can be animated, including the gradient color and stops.
- Audio Import
- Title effects are more often than not accompanied by audio sound cues like a pop or splash. Graffiti enables users to import scratch audio tracks and the visual cues from the waveform monitor in the timeline helps users to synchronize the video effect with the imported audio track. The audio track can be played with the effect preview and the timeline waveform can be scrubbed to ensure correct synchronization of the audio and video.
- Vector Paint System
- The vector paint system in Graffiti can be used to generate 2D geometric shapes that can be used as a graphic element in your composition or as part of a mask track. The style palette can be used to apply beveled edges to filled or stroked paint. In addition, animated vector paint strokes can be used to create write-on title effects.
- Accelerated OpenGL Previews
- Graffiti takes advantage of the built-in OpenGL libraries included with most video cards to accelerate the preview of effects on-screen. Although the level of OpenGL support does not extend to rendered output files, this feature speeds title effects generation making on-screen previews immediate, especially useful when dealing with 3D elements.
- Preset Animations
- The built-in Library Browser contains hundreds of preset compositions, all of which are user-modifiable. Categories include lower thirds, path text, and animated type-on effects. Users can save customized composition settings into the Library Browser for future retrieval and use on other projects.
Boris Host Compatibility Matrix
We have tested the following host applications to confirm that they work with the latest versions of Boris FX plug-ins. If the version of your host application does not appear, or if you are using an older version of a Boris FX plug-in, please contact us for more information, or download a trial version.
Choose Your Host
- DaVinci Resolve
- Grass Valley
- Media 100