SlingStudio Hub: Professional multi-camera production and live video streaming made easy
Portable, wireless multi-camera broadcasting platform with 4K post-production support. Monitor, record, switch, edit and stream live HD-quality video wirelessly to Facebook, YouTube, Periscope, Livestream, and other RTMP destinations using smartphones, professional cameras, or other video recording devices. It's portable, affordable and easy to use..
SlingStudio connects all of your video sources by creating a private video-grade wireless network that allows multiple devices – including professional cameras and smartphones – to synchronize and stream live video in HD. With SlingStudio's video-grade wireless technology, you can connect a combination of up to 10 smartphones, professional cameras, and camcorders. SlingStudio’s robust wireless technology operates with minimal interference at distances up to 300 feet – without cables – greatly reducing your setup time.
SlingStudio products are excluded from all coupons, specials and promotions. No discounts may be applied.
Wirelessly connect a combination of up to 10 apple or android smartphones, professional cameras, camcorders and even drones to get the perfect angles in HD. SlingStudio is compatible with cameras from big names like Sony, Canon, Panasonic, Nikon, JVC, GoPro, Black Magic, Olympus and DJI.
Quickstart with our free capture app for your android or apple smartphone, or use your professional video recording device to stream your multi-camera production with live switching to Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, Periscope, Livestream, and other RTMP destinations. SlingStudio produces video in HD resolutions up to 1080p60 at bit rates up to 30 Mbps using H.264 encoding, and supports 4K post-production.
Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, Twitter/Periscope, Livestream, Ustream, Restream.io and other RTMP destinations
Save hours of setup and teardown time by freeing yourself from cables – the days of rolling out yards and yards of cables are over. Open up the possibilities for new angles and more creative projects with drones and crowdsourcing.
SlingStudio is a production truck in a backpack. At just under 3 pounds, SlingStudio is battery-operated, requires no cables, and can be used almost anywhere. And with up to 3 hours of battery life with the SlingStudio Battery, the video lover to the pro can use SlingStudio on the go.
Recording and post-production
Get up to 7 recordings with each production, including individual feeds, the program recording, a quad view and line-in audio. Easily export your footage from a single storage device to Adobe Premiere Pro CC and Apple Final Cut Pro X, which automatically time-aligns your files so you can begin editing without having to spend hours in post-production setup time. You can also create a new program recording in 4K, in higher bit rates, or with higher quality video codecs using the SlingStudio plug-ins, with all edits preserved.
SlingStudio Console App
The free SlingStudio Console app turns your iPad or Mac into your portable production studio, allowing you to act as director and producer simultaneously. Monitor your feeds and easily switch between cameras in real time. Import your own graphics and videos, create text overlays and lower-thirds, update the scoreboard and use dynamic compositions like picture-in-picture and a quad view.
Sling Studio Capture App
Adding another option for multi-camera wireless connectivity, the free SlingStudio Capture app allows smartphones to connect to SlingStudio and stream in full HD. The app is available for supported Apple and Android phones at the respective app stores.
Both apps available on Google Play or the Apple Store.
Simultaneous Access Point and Client modes:
- 5 GHz 802.11ac Access Point/Hotspot mode to connect to an iPad or Mac (running the Console app) and different video sources (cameras/camcorders via CameraLink and/or iOS/Android phones)
- Dual-band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz 802.11ac Client mode to connect to the Internet for livestreaming
- HDMI Type A connector for video input
- HDMI Type C connector for video output
- SD card slot for recording (specific requirements apply*)
- 3.5 mm mini-jack for 2-channel unbalanced audio line-in input
- USB Type C connector for connecting to hard drives or SSD drives
- SlingStudio USB-C Expander (sold separately) for connecting to USB 3.0 drives and Ethernet
- Power connector
- Battery-pack connector for SlingStudio Battery (sold separately)
*Visit MySlingStudio.com/compatibility for more information.
- Power status LED (top of unit)
- Internet status LED
- Recording status LED
- Power button for on/off
- Reset button (pinhole)
- Size: (H) 7.87" x (W) 5.59" x (D) 3.54" / (H) 200 mm x (W) 142 mm x (D) 90 mm
- Weight: 1.43 lbs (653 g)
Silent - no fan or vents
- Input: 100–240 V, 50–60 Hz
- Output: 12 VDC, 4.16 A
32ºF to 95ºF (0º to 35ºC)
0 to 95% (non-condensing)
Wireless Video Inputs Specifications
Up to 4 monitored sources via Wireless 802.11ac connectivity, supporting up to 1080p30, 720p60, and 720p30 video
Up to 2 monitored sources via wireless 802.11ac connectivity, supporting up to 1080p60 video
Supported wireless sources* via 802.11ac:
- Cameras/camcorders* with HDMI output (requires CameraLink, sold separately)
- iPhone 6* or higher (requires Capture app - free download from Apple App Store)
- Select Android phones* with Android 5.0 Lollipop or higher (requires Capture app - free download from Google Play)
- Video: HDMI Type A connector - 1080i60, 1080p30, 720p60 and 720p30
- Audio: 2-channel embedded audio (48 KHz, 16-bit)
HDMI Video Output
HDMI Type C connector supporting up to 1080p60 video output of program/quad view. Zero-latency option available in HDMI passthrough mode for an HDMI input source.
Analog Audio Input
3.5 mm port for line-level, 2-channel unbalanced input (mic-level input requires external pre-amp or mixer)
AV Sources Supported
- Up to 10 connected sources and 4 monitored sources* in 1080p30/720p60/720p30 modes. Some example combinations include:
- 2 smartphones, 1 CameraLink, 1 HDMI input
- 3 smartphones, 1 HDMI input
- 3 cameras/camcorder via CameraLink, 1 HDMI input
- 4 cameras/camcorder via CameraLink
- 4 smartphones
- Up to 2 monitored sources.* Some example combinations include:
- 2 cameras/camcorder via CameraLink
- 2 smartphones
- 1 camera/camcorder via CameraLink, 1 smartphone
*See supported devices at MySlingStudio.com/compatibility
Video Recording Formats (MP4)
- H.264 High Profile 4:2:0
- 1080p60 up to 30 Mbps
- 1080p30 up to 16 Mbps
- 720p60 up to 16 Mbps
- 720p30 up to 4 Mbps
Audio Recording Formats (AAC-LC)
2-channel 48 KHz, 16-bit up to 320 Kbps
Multi-Stream Recording (MP4)
7 simultaneous recordings of:
- 4 video sources/inputs
- 1 quad view of 4 inputs (video only)
- 1 program/output stream
- 1 line-in (audio-only) recording
Recording Media Types
- SD card slot (selected UHS speed class U3 and higher*)
- USB 3.0 hard drives, SSD drives - available via USB-C port (requires USB-C Expander - sold separately)
*See supported devices at MySlingStudio.com/compatibility
Playback of all recordings from the Console app
- Import and time-align recordings directly to Adobe Premiere Pro CC and Apple Final Cut Pro X.
- Create a new program recording in 4K, in higher bit rates, or with higher quality video codecs, with all edits, effects and transitions preserved in the higher-quality program recording.
Production Switcher Specifications
Connect up to 10 video sources and monitor up to 4 using the Console app running on iPad Air 2 or above (free download from the Apple App Store)
Cut, dissolve, wipe
Picture-in-picture (PIP), multiple split views
- Full audio mixer functionality with monitoring mode support
- Adjustable audio delay up to 330 milliseconds to synchronize line-in audio with video
Text overlays, lower-thirds (title and scoreboard)
- JPG and PNG graphics (1920 x 1080 resolution) for live switching/production
- MP4 and MOV videos for live switching/production. Video requirements:
- Maximum Bit Rate: 30 Mbps
- Maximum File Size: 4 GB
- Maximum Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Minimum Resolution: 100 x 100
- Video Codec: H.264 (Profile: Baseline, Main & High, Level – up to 4.1)
- Audio Sample Rate (Hz): 44100, 32000, 48000
- SlingStudio Hub
- Power supply
- HDMI Type A-to-Type C cables for video input and output
SlingStudio Hub Accessories Sold Separately
- CameraLink (makes any camera or camcorder wirelessly connect to SlingStudio)
- Battery Pack for portability (sold separately)
- USB-C Expander to support wired Ethernet connectivity for livestreaming and USB 3.0 for connecting hard drives and SSD drives for recording
- Backpack/carrying case
- Cable management accessory (coming soon)
Shop with Confidence
Live “Videoguys” available to help. Call us at 800-323-2325 or use Live Chat below