Adam Noyes (Video production Specialist at Videoguys) goes over a basic 3 camera setup for broadcasting in houses of worship.
A Three Camera Multi-Cam Set Up Will Help You:
- Achieve a more professional look
- Maintain audience interest by switching throughout production
- Help your audience focus on points of interest
- Have a backup camera available when necessary
- Access more options to reintroduce and repackage production in post
Camera 1 is mounted at the back. This is the wide shot establishing the 180 degree line. Establishing that line is important.
Focus on the speaker and guests with Camera 2. These should be mediums. Do not go in for close ups.
Have Camera 3 tilting back and forth between the congregation and perhaps a choir. If there is no choir, have it pointed just at the congregation.
The bonus camera can be roaming used throughout the church. Having it as an addition perspective of the altar is another option.