Adam Noyes (Video production Specialist at Videoguys) goes over a basic 3 camera setup for broadcasting indoor sports.
A Three Camera Multi-Cam Set Up Will Help You:
- Achieve a more professional look
- Maintain audience interest by switching throughout production
- Help your audience focus on points of interest
- Have a backup camera available when necessary
- Access more options to reintroduce and repackage production in post
Camera 1 is a sideline cam meant to be a wide. it can pan left and right or tile up and down. But this establishes your 180 degree line for your audience.
Camera 2 is to be on the left side focusing on the right bracket.
Camera 3 is to be on the right side focusing on the left basket.
Both cameras and pan to the basket closest to them for mediums and close up shots.
The Bonus Camera could be roving up and down the court or focusing on people in the audience. Another camera could be a scoreboard shot.