Adam Noyes (Video production Specialist at Videoguys) goes over a basic 3 camera setup for streaming live theater productions!
A Three Camera Multi-Cam Set Up Will Help You:
- Achieve a more professional look
- Maintain audience interest by switching throughout production
- Help your audience focus on points of interest
- Have a backup camera available when necessary
- Access more options to reintroduce and repackage production in post
Camera 1 is a wide shot of the entire theater. Thus establishing the 180 degree line. Make the mission here to capture most (if not all) of the stage at once. This can also be stationary.
Camera 2 is on the left focusing on the right side of the stage. Thus keeping in the 180 degree line. These can be mediums. Try to avoid close ups.
Camera 3 is on the right focusing on the left side of the stage. The same rules apply as above.
For a bonus cam, perhaps have it in the pit. This can be used for close ups or reaction shots.