Gary is joined by Christopher Perry (Product Manager at LiveU) to go over some important new info. Like 5G myths along with the future of streaming. Thus how can this affect you?
Don't Beleive the Hype
Verizon, AT&T, TMobile, and Sprint have all announced their lineup.
- Verizon - 5G "Ultra Wideband"
- AT&T - 5G & 5G+
- T-Mobile - Sub-6 5G
- Sprint - "True Mobile 5G
In other words, don't believe the hype! Here are some frequently asked questions Videoguys get, and LiveU is happy to help.
- Does Anyone have a complete 5G NR network and 5G Core? No
- Is anyone offering a commercial product around network slicing? No
- Does anyone have a nationwide MMW Network? No, not even close
- Does anyone have a nationwide Sub-6 5G Network? No, but T-Mobile is the closest
What to expect in 2020? Exepect an increase in rollouts of the same tech being seen now. Not many people will be using 5G except some business use cases (the Super Bowl for example). Just know there is no true nationwide network for this yet.
LiveU is Where to Be!
Check out the LiveU Solo that comes out in both HDMI & SDI formats! These make broadcasting live easy from anywhere. Therefore the worry of loosing a signal is never a problem again! Videoguys offers several bundles for both the LiveU Solo and the Solo Connect Modems!