Bring your old projects into the future! Just $9.99 in the Mac App Store!
7toX for Final Cut Pro brings your Final Cut Pro 7 projects forward to Final Cut Pro X so you can use Apple’s powerful new professional editing tools to update or finish your older projects. The lightweight application is simple to use, with drag-and-drop support and progress information. 7toX translates important metadata from your Final Cut Pro 7 Project — including bins, clips and sequences — to a new Event in Final Cut Pro X (version 10.0.3) with the highest fidelity of any translation application for Final Cut Pro. In addition, the application provides clear, detailed reporting after every transfer.
Choose from three simple methods to translate Final Cut Pro 7 XML to Final Cut Pro X XML:
- Run 7toX and use the Open dialog to locate your exported XML file
- Drag-and-drop the XML file onto the 7toX application icon
- Right-click on the XML file in the Finder and choose Open With > 7toX for Final Cut Pro from the contextual menu.
7toX displays a progress bar during translation and, when completed, runs Final Cut Pro X to add the new Event to the Event Library. The Event contains clips for each media file and Compound Clips for each sequence.
7toX supports both Final Cut Pro X and the Final Cut Pro X Trial.
7toX produces the highest fidelity translation of your Final Cut Pro 7 Project, including the following conversions:
- Bins become Keyword Collections, complete with original Log Notes and comments
- Sequences become Compound Clips and are tagged with an “FCP7 Sequences” keyword to make them easy to find
- Multicam clips are fully supported
- Original track structures are represented by Roles
- PICT files are automatically converted to TIFF files
- 31 transitions are translated to matching transitions
- 72 video FxPlug and FxScript filters are translated to matching video filters
- 32 audio filters are translated to matching audio filters
- Layered Photoshop files are accurately translated to Layered Photoshop files in Final Cut Pro X
- Motion Tab settings (Scale, Rotation, Center, Anchor Point, Crop, Distort and Opacity) are translated to Transform settings (Scale, Rotation, Position, Anchor, Crop, and Distort)
- Composite Modes are translated to matching Compositing settings
- Constant speed changes are translated
For a complete list, see About 7toX for Final Cut Pro.
7toX adds red to-do markers to items that have been changed or substituted during translation. You can easily view these markers in the Timeline Index in Final Cut Pro X, and quickly jump to a specific marker to review any change in context in the timeline.
- Final Cut Pro version 10.0.3
- OS X 10.7 “Lion” or 10.6 “Snow Leopard”