FS2 builds on the success of AJA's FS1 by adding dual channel features in a streamlined 1RU form factor, and also adds 3G-SDI I/O, HDMI I/O, with Optical Fiber I/O options and Dolby-E encoding and decoding options, at an unprecedented price point.
FS2 can be used for a wide variety of video and audio signal conversion, adaptation, timing and processing applications, including:
- Dual-channel 10-bit up/down/cross convert between various SD and HD formats including 1080p50/60.
- General purpose dual HD/SD frame synchronization.
- Analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog audio/video conversion.
- Mux or demux of two separate HD signals from one 3G SDI signal.
- Convert 3G/HD/SD video over fiber to/from SDI (BNC).
- Built-in video processing amplifiers to adjust and/or color correct.
- Synchronize the timing of key and fill signals by putting both through the parallel FS2 video channels and adjusting their timing independently. Then key them using one of the two FS2 keyers or an external keyer.
- Dolby ® E encoding and decoding with full channel mapping (available as an option).
FS2 will be available right here at Videoguys.com this summer for $4995. Optional features that will also be available for FS2 at a later date include: Dolby E encoding for $3895 US, Dolby E decoding $2995 US, dual Fiber options for $295 US and single fiber options for $195 US.