AJA Video Systems announced another new product in its Ki Pro family, Ki Pro Rack, enabling recording of high-quality, edit-ready files for the fastest path from camera to edit in a new 1RU rack mount form factor.
"Weve seen a lot of our customers use their Ki Pro units as a portable, cost-effective VTR alternative. Those customers in particular have been asking for Ki Pro functionality in a slim rack mountable unit," explained Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems. "Ki Pro Rack is a great recording and playback solution for facilities migrating from tape to file-based workflows. Ki Pro rack is designed for machine rooms or mobile production trucks where rack space is at a premium and for any project looking for the function of a tape deck but with the instant access of a file-based system."
Ki Pro Rack uses the same SSD or spinning disk storage modules as the Ki Pro with recording capacities scaling up to 500GB. Ki Pro Rack simplifies the acquisition-to-edit workflow by creating high-quality Apple ProRes 422 or Avid DNxHD files which can be used directly in most standard professional editing systems without the need to import or transcode files.
Ki Pro Rack Key Features:
- Ability to switch between Apple ProRes 422 and Avid DNxHD
- Built-in broadcast-quality Up/Down/Cross conversions
- HD/SD SDI, HDMI, and HD/SD analog video I/O
- Multi-channel AES, analog balanced XLR, and embedded audio I/O
- Familiar buttons and operation minimize learning curve
- Dual media drive bays
- Delivers the functionality of much larger devices without taking up valuable rack space
- Sturdy and dependable with removable storage modules engineered for repeat use
- Remote configuration and control via Ethernet LAN connection
- Ethernet file transfer
- Stand-alone operation and configuration, no need for external computer
- RS-422 machine control, genlock, and LTC connections