Avid is pleased to announce that the February release of Media Composer 2018
is now available from Avid Master Accounts, Application Manager, and the Avid Download Center (login and password required).
These software updates contain a number of important bug fixes, including:
- (Windows 10) Background services were not working for Dynamic Media Folders.
- MXF OP1a XAVC 300 UHD media failed to play when linked with Source Browser.
- Syncing multiple clips changed the aspect ratio in the bin column from 16x9 to 4x3.
- When creating Site Settings, the setting for the Interplay Folder did not work.
- When exporting Same as Source AVCi/50 media, the image might have video artifacts and scrambled signals.
- The Production Management window was not available from the Tools menu until you logged in.
- You would lose full transparency after cropping an image with an Alpha channel.
- In some instances, entering values in the Effect Editor reset to 0.
- Reverse Match Frame pointed to the incorrect frame when working with synced clips with different audio Pan.
- If you were working in an Interplay or Production Management environment, Media Composer might have crashed when exiting the application.
- In some instances, the editing application would crash when importing AAF with embedded video and audio.
- In some instances, the Media Composer would hang for approx. 30 seconds on “Connecting to Media Indexer” in the Splash Screen.
- When attached to a Nitris DX, rendering long (20 min.) stereo audio clips with AudioSuite effects would hang during the render process.
- When working with the Media Composer | Cloud client, incorrect frames were displayed in the Source Monitor when scrubbing with Video Cache enabled.
- (Mac) In some instances, you would see the spinning beach ball when editing with a sequence with many clips (+1000).
- When working with locales other than English, the title names of some Settings windows were not displayed correctly.
- Imported IMX50 media might have appeared vertically stretched when placed it on the Timeline.
- You might have received an erroneous “A minimum screen height of 768 is required” error when launching the editing application.
- (Macintosh) Reveal File did not reveal all the files if the clip had more than 16 tracks.
- With Media Composer v8.9.3 and above, even when disconnected from Avid Interplay, when you selected and opened a project the Login pop-up was displayed.
How to Obtain Media Composer 2018 Updates:
The latest update to Media Composer will be made available this Thursday, February 15th at 3 PM EST.
If you have already installed the latest version of Media Composer you will be notified of the availability of the upgrade via the Application Manager. The Apps tab also provides a link to download and install the update when desired.
If you are a new customer you will receive the update in your Avid Master Account.
If you are on a current Update & Support plan you can download the Media Composer update either from your Avid Master Account or the Avid Download Center (login and password required.)
If you are not on a current Update & Support contract you must purchase either a new Media Composer Subscription
or Perpetual license
to receive this update.