Avid recently updated their software Media Composer 2018 with some of the most requested features by their users. New additions in their latest 2018 update included a brand new Titling tool for high resolution text including 4K titles, accelerated multi-cam editing, improved DPX performance, as well as a shape-based colour correction for those with the Avid Symphony subscription add-on.
New features are included when you get the Media Composer One-Year Subscription, which gives you one-year access to standard support starting at $19.99.
Images by Avid
Those seeking for a bare-bones editing version without all the extra features, Avid also offers a Media Composer First, which is free to download. To see what is included in the First, Standard (paid) and Ultimate (paid) version of Media Composer, check out this helpful Comparison Chart prepared by Avid.
See a breakdown of the new features in the December 2018 update below.Avid Media Composer December 2018 Update:
- New Titling Tool for high-resolution text and in-context edits
- Multicam updates so you can get to the creative work faster
- Background Auto Bin Save so you can keep working and save time
- DPX Performance Improvements for high res content in real-time
- Shape-Based Colour Correction for advanced imagery
- (Symphony option required)...Read More