Tej's Tech Blog by Tej Babra
Avid has been working very hard at providing editors with the most professional tools, and best possible support. Avid introduced Avid Media Composer 5 which was ground breaking, and then took it further with Avid Media Composer 5.5. Now Avid has introduced a new 64 bit native Media Composer with even more powerful tools, known as Avid Media Composer 6.
Avid has now opened up their I/O support to third party hardware manufactures such as AJA, BlackMagic Design, MOTU, Matrox, and Bluefish444. Avid Media Composer 6 has overhauled the core to support a 64 bit native architecture for performance boost. They have also updated to a modern user interface that looks sleek and helps to accelerate your workflow. On top of all of this Avid Media Composer now supports full stereoscopic 3D editorial toolset. Exciting stuff!
I can assure you that both my AJA Kona card and my Matrox MXO2 ran perfectly well with Avid Media Composer 6. Just remember to have the latest drivers installed.
Features and Capabilities
- Rebuilt from the core to a 64 bit native architecture.
- Modern sleek new UI
- 3D Stereoscopic workflows.
- All new Avid marketplace with on the fly access to footage and plug-ins.
- Avid Artist Color support for high performance color correction
- Support for 3rd party hardware including AJA, BlackMagic Design, Matrox, Bluefish, MOTU.
- AVCHD and RED Epic with AMA
- DNxHD 444
- Apple Pro Res encode ( Mac only )
- 5.1 & 7.1 surround sound with Pro Tools AAF exchange, and Dolby E support
- New dual chip DNxHD or AVC-Intra Nitrus DX box for full res stereoscopic 3D
- read more...