Accelerate HD delivery from high-res sources
With the new FrameFlex tool and LUT support, you can acquire 2K, 4K, and 5K media and deliver the HD programming required today, eliminating time-consuming transcodes and resizing.
- FrameFlex - Pan and Scan tools that extract a user-definable and keyframeable HD raster from Hi-Res source media
- 1D/3D LUT’s and Color Decision Lists. Convert color spaces from various camera formats and image types into Rec. 709 HD.
Media Composer features some big changes with high-resolution media, yet it’s still not resolution independent.
As creative professionals, Avid's customers are expected to deliver high-quality content that inspires viewers all over the world. So that they can work with the best image quality possible, many of these projects are using high-resolution acquired source material. In speaking regularly with their customers it became clear to Avid that their most pressing need was a fast and proficient method for extracting the HD masters they are required to deliver today-- including for high-res based projects. This also allows them to avoid a resolution independent pipeline that would tax performance and increase external monitoring costs. Media Composer 7‘s new FrameFlex™ and color space conversion tools give customers complete creative control over this process, using the editing tools they‘ve come to love and trust.
Maximize creativity time with acceleration through automation
With new Dynamic Media Folders, copying, consolidating, and transcoding tasks can be automated in the background, so you can keep editing without the wait. What’s more, Avid media management now looks after all of your AMA-linked files too.
- Dynamic Media Folders. User specified folders that can be automated to perform non-creative tasks such as transcoding and copying media.
- Managed AMA Media. Source media that is liked directly to Media Composer via AMA now benefits from the full complement of media management tools that native Avid media does
- Background Consolidate/Transcode. Time consuming consolidation and transcode operations can now be processed in the background without interrupting the creative editorial process
Make your picture sound as good as it looks
Take control of the overall program volume and insert plug-ins to adjust the tone with the new Master Audio Fader. And with Clip Gain, you can adjust gain on a specific clip, independent of track-based automation.
- Master Audio Fader. A master fader position in the mixer that will allow for the leveling of all audio tracks at once, as well as the addition of RTAS plug-ins (such as a compressor) to the entire audio mix
- Cached Audio Waveforms. Rendered waveforms for audio clips are now preserved in the bin for faster display in the timeline
- Direct Audio Clip Gain. Modify the gain of clips already in the sequence directly from the timeline without having to open any additional audio tools (e.g. Audio Mixer)
The new Media Composer 7 features even more audio functionality.
Tools such as clip-based gain, multi-channel audio and the master audio fader to Media Composer were added to help streamline the workflow between picture editorial and sound mixing--the two core components of nearly every post process. The audio features added to Media Composer translate directly to similar tools and features found in Pro Tools. Professional content creators recognize that real performance increases and cost savings come from seamless transitions between the stages of post production. Being able to begin audio mixing without having to redo any of the audio work done in picture editorial is a great benefit and can be the deciding factor when it comes to delivering high-quality projects on time.
Extend real-time production with Symphony Option and/or Interplay
Symphony Option. Advanced color correction tools for secondary color correction of images as well as relational color correction, formerly only available in Avid Symphony
Media Composer 7 Interplay Edition provides connectivity with Avid Interplay and Interplay Sphere, so you can edit, sync, and share projects and media with anyone around the world over the Internet.
To check out all the new features in Media Composer 7 visit our Avid Media Composer FAQ.