Available Today! Media Composer V8.8.5 Available Today! Media Composer V8.8.5
Media Composer v8.8.5 will be released today, Thursday, June 29th at 3:00 PM EDT. This update will be made available from Avid Master Accounts, Application Manager, and the Avid Download Center (login and password required).
Media Composer 8.8.5
includes a number of bug fixes, including:
• In some instances, after dragging to and from the Interplay Window and then quitting the application, you might have received an “Avid Editor has stopped working” error
• You might have received an error when dragging multiple sequences from Interplay Access to a bin
• You could not import an .aaf file with caption data• In some instances, the editing application would freeze when using the Play Length toggle button to switch between playing an entire Multicam sequence and playing a limited duration of the sequence
• AVCHD 1080 50p media could not be played back or transcoded• In some instances, trying to import a .scc (Closed Caption file) resulted in errors and the captions did not appear in the Source or Record monitors
• Custom QuickTime exports did not produce files with same track IDs as “Same as Source” QuickTime exports
• Background transcode and background render did not work with standard users on the Mac OS
• Linking to a P2 Media folder was much slower in v8.6.x than in previous releases of the editing application
• You might have received a “Remote asset could not be retrieved from Interplay” error when trying to drag an asset from archive to a Media Composer bin
• In some instances, changes made in the FrameFlex Settings did not stay applied to the sequence after clicking the Timecode track in the Timeline
• When performing a dual mono mixdown of a sequence, the resulting tracks would not Send To Playback without forcing another mixdown of the tracks
• When you opened a rolling title in the Effect Editor, the title might have appeared corrupted in the Record monitor
How to Obtain Media Composer 8.8.5 The latest update to Media Composer will be made available today, Thursday, June 29th at 3:00 PM EDT.
Customers who have already installed the latest version of Media Composer will be notified of the availability of the upgrade via the Application Manager. The Apps tab will also provide a link to download and install the update when desired.
New customers who purchase Media Composer will receive the 8.8.5 update in their Avid Master Account.Customers on current Upgrade & Support plans can download the Media Composer 8.8.5 update either from their Avid Master Account or the Avid Download Center (login and password required). Customers not on a current Upgrade & Support contract must purchase either a new Media Composer Subscription or Perpetual license to receive this update. Reminder: This release of Media Composer requires an active Upgrade & Support plan. Please ensure your customers’ plans and licenses are both up to date before installing this update. More Information
More information can be found in the Media Composer 8.8.5 ReadMe doc , which will be live at launch time later today.