For this demonstration we used a 6 YEAR timeframe. It is useful for new editors as well as facilities looking to add additional seats. If you still have questions feel free to call 800-323-2325 or use our chat window to speak with one of our sales team. We can also advice you on I/O hardware, workstations and choosing the right Avid Nexis Pro intelligent shared storage solution bundles.Media Composer Perpetual License for $1,279.00:
With this flavor you own the software. In order to keep your software current and up-gradable to the latest version, you will need to annually buy a Support Plan Renewal for $285 per year. The perpetual license comes with the first year of support included. When you have an active support plan, you are entitled to all updates and upgrades. You don't have to install them until you are ready, but you have access to them within your Avid Master Account immediately when they become available. If you let your support contract lapse, you still own the software, but you will be locked into the last version you had running prior to the support ending.
The Perpetual license includes:
- Avid Media Composer | Software
- 1-year Standard support plan
- NewBlue Titler Pro 2.0 for Avid
- iZotope Insight 30-day trial
- Sorenson Squeeze Pro 30-day trial
- Media Composer | Symphony Option 30-day trial
If you want to purchase the Symphony Option it is an additional $749. The annual Support Plan Renewal remains the same $285 and includes support for Symphony.Subscribe to Media Composer for $599.00 annually:
The Subscription includes not just Media Composer, but the Symphony Option also (this isn't a trial version). You get better 3rd party software as well. New Blue Tilter Pro is version 2.5 with better features and performance. You get Sorenson Squeeze Lite - it's the basic version of the software, but it is the latest version.
- Avid Media Composer
- Media Composer | Symphony Option
- Avid Standard Support
- NewBlue Titler Pro 2.5 for Avid
- iZotope Insight 30-day trial
- Sorenson Squeeze 10 Lite
- Boris Continuum Complete Lite
Subscriptions to Media Composer are also available in 2 year agreements. The two year Subscription is $899 (that breaks out into $449.50 per year).
- If you know you are going to be using Media Composer for more than 4 years and you have the money, the perpetual product is the right choice for you. Even with the annual support plans you come out ahead vs the standard annual subscription after 4 years. And then it's $285 vs $599 for as long as you wish to edit with Media Composer.
- If you want to get started with Media Composer for the lowest possible cost, the annual subscription is you best choice, but if you can afford two purchase in 2 year increments, those subscriptions are more cost effective.
- The 2 year subscription model puts you at about the same total cost vs Perpetual after 6 years. But during that time you have the Symphony option and less initial out of pocket expense.
- If you want or need to use Media Composer with the Symphony option then get a subscription. The subscription plans take less out of pocket even 6 years down the line.