Discover what has professional editors talking and find out how to edit like you've never been able to before. Join Avid for a special online eventâ€” Thursday, November 3, 2011 at 1 pm ET (10 am PT).
"Far beyond what I had hoped for..."
-James Haygood, Editor (TRON: Legacy, Fight Club)
"It just works...nothing's in the way."
-Jon Mauldin,Director of Operations and Technology, Fotokem
Back in July Avid had an event in Hollywood that was a sneak peak look at waht the next verison on Media Composer would be. They even gave a look at the new interface. Editors have been waiting patiently to see just what Avid would be delivering and when. The wait is almost over.
Here's what they've revealed so far.
- It's 64 bit and rips through native HD footage with AMA
- New GUI but still the same tools you know and love
- AMA to now include AVCHD? & RED? in additon to ProRes, Quicktime (including HDSLR) , XDCAM, P2 and Canon XF
- It will support 3rd party hardware from all the leading vendors including Matrox, AJA, BMD, Bluefish & Motu
- Improved Stereoscopic 3D workflows
- Use Avid Color control surface for color correction
Check out the IBC2011: Technology Preview Avid Media Composer 6 video below for some more cool info:
Tune in to the webinar on Thursday for all the details.