Avid Releases Major Update to it's Flagship Avid Media Composer 2020
As Avid continues to make improvements on Media Composer- maintaining it's status as some of the best NLE tools available to post production workers today.
Check out some highlights from this press release regarding a recent update for 2020, below.
Avid® (Nasdaq: AVID) today announced a major new release of its flagship Avid Media Composer® 2020 video editing software. Designed to give storytellers at all levels the most powerful solution for more creative freedom and workflow flexibility, Media Composer 2020 includes a redesigned customizable user interface, a new Universal Media Engine, finishing and delivery tools, and support for Apple ProRes for Windows and Catalina, among many other enhancements.
“We’re very excited that the ongoing updates in Media Composer continue to reflect the user community’s extensive input, including their desire to customize their workflows to conform to the unique ways editors likes to work,” said Raymond Thompson, Director of Market Solutions—Broadcast and Media at Avid. “Building on last year’s complete reimagining of our flagship application, Media Composer 2020 gives aspiring pros, freelancers and post and broadcast facilities of all sizes the ability to work remotely and collaborate with other storytellers across the globe to develop the most compelling, high-quality content within a single end-to-end video editing solution.”
Some great features included in this latest update include:
- More Customizable user experiences- Avid users can now customize their workspace like never before. The paneled UI is improved dramatically to increase ease of use and provide faster editing.
- Finish and deliver with precision- Expand your editing capabilities as well as finishing capacity. Media Composer 2020 enables better color correction with greater precision.
- Next Generation Avid Media Engine- A powerful engine that enables users to accelerate their workflows.
- Apple ProRes for Windows and Catalina Support- The latest update also features support for ProRes for Windows editors!
- Media Composer | Enterprise- Enterprise expands role based customization capabilities for institutions with multiple editors working independently or as groups.
Check out Avid's full press release HERE.
Leave a comment