I love Boris Continuum Complete. For Avid editors it is the go to suite of VFX tools. You can use it for 3D transitions, keying, titling and adding particle effects. With the latest release they are tapping inot the rendering powers of the mocha engine to provide dramatically improved performance. BCC was at one time bundled with Avid Media Composer and Symphony. If you owned a version of Avid that included BCC, you are eligible for upgrade pricing. If you're not eligible for an upgrade the $1,695 may seem a steep price, but I'm telling you once you dig into it and start using BCC, you'll feel it was worth every penny!
(Boston, Massachusetts--November 2, 2015) New BCC 10 plug-ins bring integrated mocha tracking and masking, new 3D titling, and advanced finishing tools to the Avid timeline. Boston, MA, USA – Nov 2, 2015 - Boris FX™, the leading developer in VFX and workflow solutions for film and video, announces Boris Continuum Complete (BCC) 10 for Avid. The recent merger between Boris FX and Imagineer Systems, the Academy Award-winning developer of mocha® Planar Tracking tools, brings the two development teams together for the largest release in the company’s history – delivering new tools for advanced visual effects, title design, digital beauty work, and image restoration to the Avid timeline. Among the most anticipated features, BCC 10 for Avid includes: integrated mocha technology for planar motion tracking and masking; BCC Beauty Studio, a skin smoothing and retouching plug-in; and BCC Title Studio, Boris FX’s next generation 3D titling and motion graphics tool. “BCC 10 builds on our company history of developing advanced and accelerated 3D titling, effects, and finishing tools,” explains Boris Yamnitsky, president and founder of Boris FX. “The addition of Title Studio, Beauty Studio, mocha, new filters, and new transitions makes this our largest release to date and we are excited about early customer response. Beta testers from the Avid editing community have given us excellent feedback and we look forward to delivering BCC 10 for Adobe, Apple, Resolve, and more hosts very soon.” BCC 10 for Avid draws upon the strength of past releases to deliver the most comprehensive plug-in package for Avid editors and also includes new filters, new transitions, and a new subscription/rental option. Professional editors are already raving about new features: “For Avid editing and finishing, the integration of mocha planar tracking and masking into Continuum Complete is a game changer. Having the ability to launch the mocha interface inside Media Composer & Symphony (without the need to export, import, or launch a separate application) speeds up my workflow. Using mocha inside BCC for high-end finishing is now a viable option for Avid users!” – Mon Agranat, Online Editor/Colorist, ABC’s Dancing With The Stars Boris Continuum Complete (BCC) 10 for Avid: New Features
Pricing & Availability The Boris Continuum Complete 10 release offers new purchasing options for users, including: BCC 10 Multi-Host Licensing (Avid/Adobe/OFX) One license activation for multiple host applications: Avid, Adobe, OFX
- Integrated mocha mask tracking in PixelChooser: Imagineer’s Academy Award-winning mocha planar tracking and masking engine is integrated inside the BCC PixelChooser allowing editors to do more advanced finishing work without leaving the editing timeline.
- BCC Beauty Studio is a new skin retouching tool that gives editors the ability to smooth skin and reduce blemishes making their talent look better. A state-of-the-art keying algorithm quickly isolates skin tones, while retaining natural sharpness and contrast.
- BCC Title Studio is a next generation 2D/3D titling and motion graphics tool for designing and animating title opens, lower thirds, and credit sequences at any resolution. OpenGL-accelerated features include extrusions, materials, cameras, lights, and deformers for advanced title creation. Includes support for Maxon Cinema 4D models, Adobe Illustrator, and features a custom user interface for simple to complex title creation.
- New Tools for Image Restoration: BCC Remover fills in missing pixels and removes objects with clone and auto-fill options. BCC Dropout Fixer restores tape-based damaged footage with field dropouts. BCC Reframe is designed to reformat and stylize “vertical cell phone” video footage into a standard 16×9 aspect for broadcast.
- New Effects/Filters: BCC Light Leaks adds organic and naturalistic “in-camera” light and exposure effects to stylize and enhance footage. BCC Video Glitchrecreates the distressed look of compression artifacts, signal loss, and corrupt digital video.
- New Transitions: Four new real-time transitions have been added with many pre-built presets. BCC Cross Glitch mimics abrupt digital signal transitions. BCC Cross Melt conveys a new organic look and feel. BCC Light Leaks Dissolve creates a light exposure-based transition. BCC Cross Zoom combines zoom, glow, and dissolve into one simple transition.
BCC 10 for Avid has a new, lower price:
- Full license ($1995 USD MSRP)
- Upgrade ($695 USD MSRP)
- Annual Subscription ($595 USD MSRP)
BCC 10 for Avid is compatible with Avid Media Composer, Symphony, and NewsCutter. BCC 10 Multi-Host option will be compatible with Avid Media Composer, Symphony, NewsCutter, Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro CC, and Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve (OFX). BCC 10 for Adobe, Apple, and OFX will be released later this year.
- Full license ($1695 USD MSRP)
- Upgrade ($595 USD MSRP)