Boston MA - September 21, 2011 - Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated VFX and workflow technology for video and film, today announced that Boris RED Version 5 is now available for Grass Valley EDIUS 6. Boris RED is a plug-in application for transitions, professional text, and advanced composites inside of EDIUS and other leading video editing software applications. An indispensable tool for post-production and broadcast professionals, RED offers a wide range of features right on the EDIUS timeline and adds a standalone engine for effects creation and rendering. RED integrates broadcast-quality text generators, paint, rotoscoping, a full suite of tools to create and extrude vector objects, true 3D shapes and animation, and the industry's most comprehensive image processing filter suite.
"Boris RED gives EDIUS editors professional tools for keying, titling, transitions, and image restoration," commented Alex Kataoka, Director, Product Planning and Marketing, Desktop and Enterprise Solutions, Grass Valley. "Because RED integrates as a plug-in, EDIUS editors never have to leave their timeline, eliminating tedious exports and imports and format hassles."
"Broadcasters, post-production facilities, and videographers have widely adopted EDIUS 6 and we are excited to bring full-featured compositing and titling capabilities to this platform," commented Boris Yamnitsky, president and founder, Boris FX. "A free 14-day Trial Version is immediately available so EDIUS editors can experience RED's capabilities in their workflow."
Boris RED Feature Highlights
- EDIUS 6 Integration. Boris RED is the only 3D compositing, titling, and effects application to work as a plug-in inside EDIUS. When applied to tracks on the EDIUS timeline, RED automatically links to the media, bypassing importing and exporting. In addition, RED can import media from a variety of formats, including still image files, movie files, or EPS files. Once a composite is complete, it can be rendered in EDIUS, or the project file can be saved to disk and shared with other Boris RED users.
- Compositing. RED gives EDIUS editors all tools needed to create seamlessly-blended composites in 2D and 3D space. These tools include keying and matte creation filters, motion tracking, 3-way color grading, and the ability to create custom transitions.
- Motion Graphics. RED facilitates sophisticated motion graphics design including text on a path, 3D particles, and true 3D vector objects. Extruded text and objects can be combined with light sources, bump maps, and reflections.
- Image and Vector-based Painting. RED integrates a full-fledged animated paint system that gives EDIUS editors the ability to paint color, spray paint, and clone images.
- Image Restoration Tools. RED solves many problems introduced by modern video cameras and can help integrate legacy low-resolution footage in new HD-sized projects.
- Over 200 VFX Filters. RED includes over 200 indispensible VFX filters from Boris Continuum Complete and Final Effects complete, including transition effects, multiprocessor-accelerated lens blurring effects, and painterly effects.
Pricing and Availability
Boris RED v5 is available immediately through the Boris FX worldwide reseller channel and direct from the Boris FX web site at www.borisfx.com for an MSRP of $995 USD. Owners of previous versions of Boris RED may upgrade to v5 for an MSRP of $295 USD and owners of Boris FX or Graffiti may upgrade to Boris RED v5 for an MSRP of $699 USD.