Building your workstation for peak performance is one of the most important parts of video editing. For an editor, there is no worse moment than when you hit play and the video starts stuttering.
Building or upgrading your PC is the best way to ensure that you do not experience this while editing any more. Of course, this can be a very daunting task.
Luckily, the online community has countless resources to guide you in building your own PC. Sparksight, for example, has an in-depth series of videos detailing the process.
Check Out One of Sparksight's Guides, Below.
4KShooters.net also has a great article to help you get started. In it they include a great list of parts to start your build.
This list includes:
- Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz 8-Core Processor
- MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Graphics Card
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 Memory
- Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD
- Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD
- Seagate 2TB BarraCuda HDD
- Noctua NH-D15S Dual-Tower CPU Cooler
- Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE Motherboard
- Corsair RM850x 850W Power Supply
- Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C Mid-Tower Case