The team over at StudioTech TV developed this super cool app that allows you to control your NewTek Tricaster from your iPad or Android tablet! This is so cool. It's going to set you back $65, but from our perspective it's worth every penny! What we like best about it is that you don't have to install any special software on the TriCaster itself, and the bidirectional communication means that the display on your tablet gets updated with the latest button selections on the TriCaster. This means that you can control your TriCaster from another location, anywhere in the world, as long as you can connect to the internet!
TriCaster Remote - Control your NewTek TriCaster with an iPad or Android TabletDemonstration and the history behind StudioTech TV's first app - TriCaster Remote. This includes a demo (2 mins from the end) of controlling a TriCaster 4000 miles away! (Note the version demo'd here (1.2.3) is awaiting release in the App store and should be available shortly. The current released version 1.1.2 doesn't have the M/E2 tab, the upgrade is of course free!) TriCaster Remote gives you the flexibility to control your NewTek TriCaster from your iPad or Android Tablet. Whether for setup, testing or production having remote switching capabilities in addition to the existing control interface is a real bonus. Highlights:
- Supports TriCaster models: 410, 460, 860, 8000, Mini HDMI and Mini SDI
- Supports TriCaster software versions 2.4 and 3.x
Take/Auto and FTB controls
- 16 Macro triggers and media player controls.
- M/E input selection (new in 1.0.8)
- M/E 2 Tab for Zoom presets and Keys (new in 1.2.3)
- Bi-directional communication (so it reads the TriCaster status, not just changes it)
- No software to install on TriCaster The interface adjusts the available switching options based on the connected TriCaster with a layout and naming in line with the standard interface. In addition 16 Macro buttons can be used and Media controls can be automatically displayed based on the player selected in Preview.With design input from a NewTek TriCaster Certified operator and based on several years, and hundreds of live productions, this App is an essential part of the production toolkit.Designed to work with TriCasters Mini, 410, 460, 860 and 8000 TriCaster Remote uses TCP/IP protocols over WiFi to connect directly to a TrCaster. It is designed to work on the same local network as the TriCaster, but can be used remotely if TCP port 5951 is open on your network.Unlike other ways of controlling the TriCaster no additional software needs to be loaded on the TriCaster, and more importantly the communication is bi-directional - the buttons on the App only change when data is received from the TriCaster - so you know it has happened. It also reads the state of the TriCaster when it connects so you know which inputs etc are selected. Tested on the latest versions of TriCaster software 2.4 and 3.0. As with all software that uses WiFi the loading and performance of the network used can have an impact on any remote control device.