Adobe recently released a great list of resources from teachers delving into distance learning. With the Covid-19 outbreak in full swing, resources like these are now more important than ever.
Whether your school routinely supports distance learning or is facing unexpected closures, we've assembled these resources and learning opportunities to help educators engage remote students through online learning.Adobe
Courses Articles and Blogs
These resources are blogs, articles and courses to help teachers get up to speed in the world of distance learning, with Adobe technology.
- Starting Distance Learning? Tips to Reach Students Virtually
- Adobe Enables Distance Learning Globally for Schools Impacted by COVID-19
- Flipped Learning for Your Classroom
- Using Explainer Videos for Flipped Classroom Learning
- Covid-19: Learning Keeps Going.
- Google: Education's Distance Learning Resources
- Unesco: Distance Learning Solutions
- Microsoft Education Resources
- 10 Tips for Success from Online Teachers
- 10 Strategies for Online Learning
- ISTE Connect Online and Blended Learning Network
- ITSE Interactive Video Conferencing Network
- Instructional Design and Emergency Response Network
- Pivoting to Online Teaching: Research and Practitioner Perspective
- EdSurge: News, Resources, Expert Advice to Help School Leaders make Informed Decisions
- Distance Learning Resources Suggested by Higher Ed Institutions
- 7 Big Ideas to Shift Toward Online Teaching
- District Responses to COVID-19 School Closures
Events and Webinars
Adobe also include a great list of online events and video webinars, to help students and teachers further their distance education.
- Easily Create Lessons and Video Content with Adobe Spark
- Get Started with Adobe Spark
- Using Adobe’s EdEx Distance Learning Landing Page | Adobe Edu Talks
- Distance Learning with Shannon Pufahl & Adobe | Adobe Edu Talks
- Joint EdSurge Live / Future Trends Forum: How Colleges Should Respond to the Coronavirus
- Zoom to Adobe Rush
- How to Create Branded Videos via Zoom and Adobe Premiere Rush
- Empower Students to Creatively Express Themselves and their Learning
- Podcasting for your Students
- Help Students Create e-Portfolios to Demonstrate their Learning at Home
- Create Engaging e-Learning Experiences with Captivate
- Microsoft Teams for Education
Join Adobes Community
Adobe also allows educators to connect with each other online within their community. This is a very valuable resource during this time of social distancing. Check out Adobes Community HERE.
Free Professional Learning Courses
Adobe also has a large selection of self paced courses built for educators. Check out those courses HERE.
Higher Ed Projects that make Distance Learning Engaging
These are great resources for teachers designing online classes, as well as students looking to further their distance education.
- Poetry Reading and Explication Podcast
- Podcasts in the Social Sciences
- Theater Design
- Rhetorical Class Reading of a Film "Anatomy of a Scene" Style
- Social Science Writing: Historical Campus Conflicts
- Cultural Anthropology Podcast Using Audition
- Using Cinemagraphs to Teach Composition and Digital Rhetoric
- Food and Culture Fact Sheet Using Adobe Spark Page
- Media Literacy - Photo Analysis
- Popular Science Vlog Using Spark Video
K-12 Projects that Make Distance Learning Engaging
These resources are perfect for traditional grade school teachers creating their online classes.
- Conscious Consumers Visual Project
- Global Warming Visual Project
- Head in the Clouds - Recognizing and Describing Cloud Formations when Predicting Weather
- Tell Your Story with Premiere Rush
- Book Trailers Using Video
- Short Writing Activities Using Spark
- Take A Stand: Persuasive Writing and Storytelling
- Sharing Mathematical Thinking with Spark
- Design Apps for Social Good
- Kitchen Kid: Science and Nutrition While Cooking from Home
- Geometric Transformation in Digital Art
- And... Action: Personal Narrative
- Create Biographies with Spark
Khan + Create Activities
This list of resources will help educators further their students Khan Academy Education in an engaging fashion.
- Growth Mindset: Mistakes are Opportunities
- Growth Mindset: Set a “SMART” Goal
- Tell a Story with memory and Perspective
- A Person in Time Online!
Resources to Support Young Learners
For young learners, this is an important time in their education. These students can't afford to go without learning resources.
- Daily Drawing Activities for Kids
- Khan Academy Schedules for School Closures
- Videos to Talk to Kids About Corona Virus
Events and Activities for Teens and College Students
Teens and College Students are perhaps the most in touch with technology. These resources will help them and their teachers create engaging learning experiences.
- Create a TikTok Dance using Adobe Rush
- Create a Virtual Celebration Invitation
- Host a Virtual Portfolio or Commencement
- Take & Edit Photos at Home with Lightroom
Wellbeing Resources for Educators
Teachers, like their students, are being placed under a hefty amount of stress at this time, to create lesson plans that will continue their students education, despite this disruption. These resources are designed to help teachers practice self care.
- Science of Wellbeing Online Course
- Headspace: Free Meditation Online
- How to Keep the Greater Good in Mind During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- Feeling Anxiety about Coronavirus? A Psychologist Offers Tips to Stay Clearheaded
Dive Deeper with Digital Literacy
Digital Literacy is incredibly important for students who's futures are based in a digital world. These resources will help.