Effortless Observation with Epiphan PearlOptimize usability and user experience testing labs with this simple, powerful setup that captures every detail, from every angle. Use Pearl’s video output ports for real-time observation to discretely watch from another room without missing a moment in your observations. Simultaneously stream to offsite researchers via YouTube, a CDN or direct streaming connection. See four displays or video sources concurrently.
- Connect your video and audio sources to Pearl.
- Create the 4-up local monitoring and high-res recording channel by arranging your sources in a matrix format with a small timestamp overlay.
- Configure a video output port to display this channel on your observation monitor.
- Create a second channel with the same layout but use a smaller frame size for streaming. Configure your streaming settings or copy the streaming url and forward it to viewers who will connect directly.
- Configure AFU to automatically upload and videos to your servers.
- When it’s time to record your subjects, use Epiphan Live to start recording and streaming without disturbing your test subject.
Read Epiphan Pearl Guide Part 5: Outside The Box