Grass Valley ADVC-G1 In Stock $949! Any In to SDI Multi-Functional Converter/ Upconverter with Frame Synchronizer
The ADVC G1 is a compact and competitively priced converter, designed to convert and/or upconvert any kind of professional/broadcast signals to HD/SD-SDI with the full support of the latest 3G technology.
The ADVC G1 will convert and/or upconvert, at the user's choice, sources from HDMI, DVI, component, composite, S-Video, AES/EBU, and analog audio to HD/SD-SDI (3G/1.5G support). With its audio inputs, the ADVC G1 can also be used as an audio embedder. It also features a reference in port which can serve as a frame synchronizer for the analog inputs, eliminating the need to purchase separate expensive equipment.
- Any In to (3G) SDI:
- Converts any type of connection to SDI
- Incorporates latest 3G technology
- Feature-rich at an affordable price:
- Latest technology upconverter
- Integrated frame synchronizer
- Multi-purpose converter:
- DVI input with PC resolution support
- Audio inputs for audio embedding
- Conversion from analog to SDI
- Conversion from DVI or HDMI to (3G) HD/SD-SDI
- High-quality upconversion from analog SD to HD or 3G
- Frame synchronization (house sync) of analog signals Please note that the ADVC G1 does not support frame-rate conversion.
1) What happens if there is no reference input signal? When no reference signal is present, the ADVC® G1 will generate its own internal reference signal.
2) What is the delay IN ? OUT for ADVC-G1 • Interlaced to interlaced: 2.5 frames • Interlaced to progressive: 2.0 frames • Progressive to interlaced: 3.0 frames • Progressive to progressive: 2.0 frames
3) ADVC G1 has DVI-IN, what is the refresh rate for PC output? ADVC G1 supports 60 Hz for PC output.4) What is the setup level for analog video input? The setup level is set to 7.5 IRE by default. This can be switched to 0 IRE via a dip switch on the rear panel.
5) Can the analog audio input level be adjusted? Reference level can be switched via a dip switch on the rear panel to 0 dBu or +4 dBu.
6) ADVC-G1 has an upconvert function, but does it have a frame-rate conversion function? ADVC-G1 does not have any frame-rate conversion capability. The upconvert function is used to convert SD inputs like S-Video, component video, and composite video to 720p, 1080i, 1080p (selectable in setup) over SDI.
7) Does ADVC G1 have a downconvert function? ADVC G1 does not support downconversion.
8) What happens when a 4:3 image is output as a 16:9 image? Display mode can be changed via a dip switch on the rear panel, for the following outputs: • Standard (letterboxed with black borders on right and left side of the screen) • Full Screen (image stretched across the complete screen to fill the screen) • Flex view (image stretched more across the sides of the screen (and less towards the center of the screen) to fill the screen)
9) When outputting a 4:3 video to 16:9, is there no mode to cut the top and bottom of the screen? The ADVC-G1 does not support this mode.
10) Can you embed all eight channels of HDMI audio to an SDI output? Yes, it is possible. You can also choose which audio to embed into the SDI. However, when a DVI video signal has been chosen as the video input, you cannot choose HDMI audio.11) What is the USB connector on the back of the unit for? This connector can be used for firmware updates as well as external control, and status monitoring.
(1) Power LED – Lights when the ADVC G1 is operating. (2) Up Conv. LED – Lights in upconversion mode. (3) SDI OUT – 3G/HD/SD-SDI output ports. (4) Ref IN – Reference signal input port. The LED is lit when REF is selected for reference signal source, and if the reference signal input via Ref IN can be synchronized. (5) AES/EBU IN – AES/EBU digital audio input port. The LED is lit when AES/EBU digital is selected for audio input. (6) ANALOG AUDIO IN (1/4" TRS 2ch) – Balanced audio input ports. The LED is lit when balanced analog is selected for audio input. (7) HDMI IN – HDMI input port. The LED marked with “V” blinks when HDMI is selected for video input, and the LED is lit when a stable signal input is detected. The LED marked with “A” is lit when HDMI embedded is selected for audio input. (8) DVI-I IN – DVI-I input port. The LED blinks when DVI-D or DVI-A is selected for video input. The LED is lit when a stable signal input is detected. (9) ANALOG VIDEO IN – Analog video input ports. The LED blinks when component, S-Video or composite is selected for video input. The LED is lit when a stable signal input is detected.Click here for Grass Valley ADVC-G Series Practical Case Study - Image Magnification (IMAG)
|HDMI Input Input connector: HDMI Input resolution: • 1080i 60/59.94/50 • 1080p 60/59.94/50/30/29.97/25/ 24/23.98 • 720p 60/59.94/50 • 480i/p 60/59.94 • 576i/p 50 • VGA (640x480), SVGA (800x600) • XGA (1024x768), SXGA (1280x1024) • FWXGA (1360x768) • UXGA (1600x1200), WUXGA (1920x1200) PC resolution framerate: 60 Hz Input color format: YCbCr (4:2:2/4:4:4), RGB (4:4:4) Deep color support: not supported Color format conversion: YCbCr 4:2:2 12 bitsDVI-D Input Input connector: DVI-I (DVI-D) Input resolution: • 1080i 60/59.94/50 • 1080p 60/59.94/50/30/29.97/25/ 24/23.98 • 720p 60/59.94/50 • 480p 60/59.94 • 576p 50 • VGA (640x480), SVGA (800x600) • XGA (1024x768), SXGA (1280x1024) • FWXGA (1360x768) • UXGA (1600x1200), WUXGA (1920x1200) PC resolution framerate: 60 Hz Input color format: RGB (4:4:4) Color format conversion: YCbCr 4:2:2 12 bitsDVI-A Input Input connector: DVI-I (DVI-A) Input resolution: • VGA (640x480), SVGA (800x600) • XGA (1024x768), SXGA (1280x1024) • FWXGA (1360x768) • UXGA (1600x1200) Framerate: 60 Hz Input color format: RGB Color format conversion: YCbCr 4:2:2 12 bits Input connector: YPbPr||Component Input Input connectors: YPbPr Input resolution: • 1080i 60/59.94/50 • 1080p 30/29.97/25/24/23.98 • 1080PsF 24/23.98 • 720p 60/59.94/50 • 486i 59.94 • 483p 59.94 • 576i/p 50 Input color format: YPbPr Color format conversion: YCbCr 4:2:2 10 bits Component level: SMPTE/EBU N10, Betacam SD pedestal: 0 IRE, 7.5 IREComposite Input Input connector: CVBS (common with Component-Y) Standard: NTSC, PAL Input color format: YPbPr Color format conversion: YCbCr 4:2:2 10 bits SD pedestal: 0 IRE, 7.5 IRE 3DYC separation: not supportedS-Video Input Input connectors: S-Y/S-C (common with Component-Pb,Pr) Standard: NTSC, PAL Input color format: YPbPr Color format conversion: YCbCr 4:2:2 10 bits SD pedestal: 0 IRE, 7.5 IREAudio Input Input connectors: • Balanced analog (2ch) • AES/EBU digital (2ch) • HDMI embedded (8ch) (HDMI audio is not available when DVI is chosen for video input.) HDMI/AES sample rate: 32/44.1/48 kHz Analog ADC sample rate: 48 kHz Sample size: 16/20/24 bits Input level adjust: 0 dBu +4 dBu (available for analog audio)||SDI Output Output connectors: 3G/HD/SD-SDI (BNCx2) (outputs the same signals) Output resolution: • 1080i 60/59.94/50 • 1080p 60/59.94/50/30/29.97/25/ 24/23.98 • 1080PsF 30/29.97/25/24/23.98 • 720p 60/59.94/50/30/29.97/25/ 24/23.98 • 487i 59.94 • 576i 50 Output color format: YCbCr 4:2:2 (ITU-R BT.709/601) 10 bits (ITU-R BT.601 is in SD resolution) 3G-SDI mapping format: • Level A: direct image mapping • Level B: 2x SMPTE292 HD mapping Frame freeze function: supported (keeps displaying the final frame when there is no video input signal) Line 21 closed caption: not supportedAudio Output Output connectors: SDI embedded (supports outputting with 8ch multi-audio in HDMI input mode. If AES/analog is selected, audio will be embedded to 1/2ch) Sample rate: 48 kHz Sample size: 24 bits (3G/HD), 20 bits (SD) Output level adjust: not supportedVideo Resizing Upconversion: supported Upconversion mode: (switchable with DIP SW5, SW6) • Through • 720p • 1080i • 1080p Display mode: • Standard • Full screen • Flex view Framerate conversion: not supported Internal processing: YCbCr 4:2:2 12 bits||Noise reduction: • 3DNR • Stream Clean Processor (quality of the highly compressed video source will be enhanced) • OFF/Low/High/Auto Image enhance: Image Enhance Processor can be switched on or off. Detail will be enhanced. Total delay time: • Interlace to interlace: 2.5 frame • Interlace to progressive: 2.0 frame • Progressive to interlace: 3.0 frame • Progressive to progressive: 2.0 frameVideo Output Synchronize REF Sync Video output: • Reference signal (BB/HDSync) • Internal (REF Sync can be enabled/disabled with DIP SW3. When disabled, or when there is no signal input, the ADVC G1 automatically turns into Internal Sync mode.)USB Format: USB2.0 compliant Connector: Mini BSpecifications Voltage: • AC adapter: ——Input: 100V – 240V (50 Hz/60 Hz) ——Output: DC 12V 3A (max.) • ADVC G1 unit: ——Input: DC5 – 16.8V • Maximum power consumption: 11.4W Dimensions: 142.5 (W) x 42.5 (H) x 98.5 (D) mm (projecting parts not included) Weight: 700g (approx.) Environmental Characteristics: • Operating temperature: 32-104°F (0-40°C) • Maximum humidity: 8%-80% (no condensation)|
|Manufacturer||Grass Valley||Roland||AJA||BlackMagic Design|
|Model||ADVC G1||VC-1-SC||HD10AVA||Broadcast Converter||Mini Converter Heavy Duty Analog to SDI||Mini Converter Heavy Duty HDMI to SDI|
|Input||3G/HD/SD-SDI||Yes (x1)||Yes (x1)||No||Yes (x1)||No||No|
|HDMI||Yes (x1)||Yes (x1)||No||Yes (x1)||No||Yes (x1)|
|Analog RGB||Yes (x1)||Yes (x1)||No||No||No||No|
|Yes (x1)||Yes (x1)||Yes (x1)||No|
|S-Video||Yes (x1)||No||Yes (x1)||Yes (x1)||Yes (x1)||No|
|Composite||Yes (x1)||Yes (x1)||Yes (x1)||Yes (x1)||Yes (x1)||No|
|Analog Audio||Yes (1/4" phone jack x2)||Yes (RCA phono x2)||Yes (XLR x4)||Yes (XLR x2)||Yes (1/4" phone jack x2)||Yes (1/4" phone jack x2)|
|AES/EBU||Yes (BNC x1)||No||No||No||Yes (1/4" phone jack x1)||Yes (1/4" phone jack x1)|
|Ref In (frame synchronizer)||Yes (x1)||Yes (x1)||No||No||No||No|
|Output||3G/HD/SD-SDI||Yes (x2)||Yes (x2)||Yes (x3) (No 3G)||Yes (x2)||Yes (x2) (No 3G)||Yes (x2)|
|HDMI||No||Yes (x1)||No||Yes (x1)||No||No|
|Rackmount||Yes (option)||Yes (option)||Yes (option)||Yes||*||*|
* indicates information not available All prices in US dollars