Videoguys by Gary Bettan
ATTN APPLE Final Cut Pro users:
NOW is the TIME to learn
Avid Media Composer
Are you still editing on FCP7? Are you still wasting hours upon hours logging & transferring or MPEG Stream clipping your file based HD footage into HD before you can even start editing? Still making due with clunky work-arounds that allow you to struggle through your projects, without any of the benefits of today's more efficient tapeless workflows?
While FCP7 is a dear old friend, it's time to realize that while it may have been a great choice a few years ago, it's time has come and gone. The unfortunate reality is that FCP7 can't tap into the power and performance of today's iMacs (or Mac Mini), let alone the brand new Mac Pro's. How much longer can you keep holding your business and your creativity back by sticking with FCP7? Now is the Time to learn Avid Media Composer and become an Avid editor.
Whether you?ve used Avid before or if you?ve just always been a Final Cut editor making the move to Media Composer is not as hard as you think. You are not ?starting over? by purchasing Media Composer. Your skills, workflows, media, and even sequences are directly translatable to the MC7 environment, making the move the fast and easy. This is the whole underpinning of the Get Started Fast with Avid for Final Cut Pro 7 Editors tutorial series mentioned in this guide.
Great Tutorial Series to Learn Avid
Our good friend Kevin P McAuliffe has been creating and posting a bunch of videos on Avid Blogs Post Production called Get Started Fast with Avid. When he posted on the Avid Editors of Facebook Group that he was looking for ideas for new tutorials. I jumped in and requested a series aimed directly at FCP7 editors. To make upgrading to MC easier, faster and less threatening. Please check out the first two videos in the series. They are each 30 minutes long, and they will give you a nice overview of the Avid interface, and help you see that upgrading to Avid isn't going to be as difficult as you may have imagined. Now is the Time to Learn Avid.
You can download a FREE Trial of the Media Composer software direct from Avid.Sign-up here and try the software free for 30 days.
In the first of our Get Started Fast with Avid for Final Cut Pro 7 tutorials, I?ll take you through the basics of moving your project from FCP7 to Avid Media Composer 7 with a focus on AMA.
In the second of our Get Started Fast with Avid for Final Cut Pro 7 tutorials, I?ll highlight key differences between FCP7 and Media Composer 7 and demonstrate how your previous workflows in FCP7 can easily be recreated in Media Composer 7.
Click here to go to Kevin McAuliffe's main page with the complete Tutorial Series: Get Started Fast with Avid for Final Cut Pro 7 Editors
For more in depth Tutorials, click here to go to the main page: Get Started Fast with Avid Media Composer 7.
Watching the videos will be helpful, but nothing is better than actually giving the software a try. Here is the link to the Avid 30 day trial. I urge you to see for yourself how powerful and efficient Media Composer is. Not just for professional editors and broadcasters, but for independent film makers, event cinematographers, corporate video producers and educators. If and when you decide you want to purchase it, just give us a call or order it online. We'll send you over the activation codes to turn your trial version into a full license, so that you will own it. Forever. Now is the Time to buy Avid Media Composer!
Avid Media Composer [ Software is now available in 3 license types
making it the perfect professional editing solution for everyone.
Get access to the industry?s most trusted editorial tools in film, TV, and broadcast:
- Experience the most open and tightly integrated media platform
- Accelerate workflows with tools created by professionals, for professionals
- Complete projects faster with real-time remote collaboration
- Expand your creative palette with options from other industry leaders
Get help when you need it with Avid Standard Support, now included:
- Access to world-class, worldwide, professional support
- Stay up to date, as all software updates and upgrades are included in your plan
The New Avid Media Composer [Software will be available in 3 different license types to help meet your needs.
- If you prefer to own the software you buy Avid will continue to offer that option with their perpetual license at $1,299.00. This license will include a 1-year Avid Support contract that includes all updates/upgrades in the first year and that contract may be renewed annually at $299/year. Avid Symphony option must be purchased as an add-on option with this license
- Avid is pleased to introduce the new Avid Everywhere subscription model for Media Composer [ Software. For just $599.00/year you will be subscribed to Avid Media Composer with Symphony and have free updates/upgrades and Avid Support throughout the term of your subscription
- Finally, Avid is also intoducing the "floating license"option perfect for busy post-production houses and orgaizations who require shared licenses to access across your facility.
- Pay for the software only when you need it, wherever you need it
- Get full access to the latest Media Composer tools with Avid Symphony Option in the most cost-effective way
- Expand your capabilities with additional Avid third-party software?including NewBlue Titler Pro v2, Sorenson Squeeze Lite, Boris COntinuum Complete Lite and more
- Stay up to date with the latest technology and releases at no additional cost
- Get access to every software update and upgrade as soon as they?re available
- Scale client count up or down as project demands and budget dictate
- Easily manage purchases through your My Avid account
When you subscribe to A id Media Composer [ Software you get annual access to Media Composer with the Symphony Option, free upgrades and updates and a lot more. All subscription licenses include:
- Media Composer? [ Software
- Media Composer [ Symphony? Option
- NewBlue Titler Pro v2
- Boris Conti uum Complete Lite
- Sorenson Squeeze Pro (30-day trial)
- iZotope Insight (30-day Trial)
- Avid Standard Support (including all software updates)
Media Composer is proven and trusted by professional editors in every segment of film, television, and broadcast. Designed to handle high volumes of disparate file-based media, Media Composer delivers accelerated high-res-to-HD workflows, real-time collaboration, and powerful media management, eliminating time-consuming tasks so you can focus on telling a great story. And now the choice is yours?edit on premises, remotely through the cloud, on demand, through a low-cost subscription, or purchase a license outright?making Media Composer the most versatile and accessible tool for professional creative editorial.
Avid Media Composer [ Software Perpetual License now includes a 1-year support plan that entitles you to free updates and upgrades during that period and with this license you own the software even if you do not continue to renew the support. The Perpetual License includes: