If you purchase Creative Suite 5.5 or a Creative Suite 5.5 component between the following dates, you qualify to receive a complimentary upgrade to the equivalent Creative Suite 6 product at no additional cost when it becomes available.
- March 26, 2012 and May 6, 2012 (North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia, New Zealand)
- March 26, 2012 and May 14, 2012 (Japan, Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, China, Korea, Turkey)
Important: These instructions apply to purchases from resellers, and to purchases from Adobe in Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, China, Korea, and Turkey. If you purchased directly from Adobe in another country, see Claim your complimentary CS6 upgrade | Purchases from Adobe.
- You must have a single-user retail or educational version of an Adobe software product. See Determine what type of software license you have. The following Adobe products don't qualify for complimentary upgrades:Adobe Acrobat®
- Flash® Catalyst®
- Flash® Builder®
- Adobe OnLocation™
- Second-hand purchases, including software received through a transfer of license
- Tutorial DVDs, trials, tryouts, betas, Not For Retail (NFR), and bundled OEM versions
- You must have registered your current serial number. If you register within your product, you can receive the complimentary benefits of Product Registration. For details, see Product Registration Options.
- You must have your order number if you purchased from Adobe. If you purchased from a reseller, it's necessary to provide proof of purchase. See proof of purchase qualifications.
- This offer is available only through Adobe directly and cannot be used with any other offers.
Volume license customers: Adobe notifies qualified volume license customers via email when their complimentary upgrade is available. Follow the instructions in that email to obtain your upgrade.
Important: Claim your complimentary upgrade after the CS6 product is available for ordering in the language you need. Submitting your claim sooner may increase the processing time. Check the Adobe Store for your region for availability.
- After you submit your request for a complimentary upgrade, you can expect a response within two business days.
- If you receive a request from Adobe to submit proof of purchase for your qualifying order, respond promptly via the Customer Support Portal. Adobe closes your case if you don't respond within 48 hours, and it's necessary to start the process again. See Valid proof of purchase.
- If you qualify for a complimentary upgrade, you can expect your order to arrive in 8-10 business days after you have completed the paperwork.
- Your order travels via standard service from a courier. Adobe sends you a shipping notice when it ships so you can track your order's status.
Your complimentary post-announce upgrade is for the same platform, language, and edition as your previous version. However, you can request another language if it wasn't available previously or is no longer offered.
If you already requested a complimentary upgrade, Adobe doesn't accept a second request using the same serial number. If you think you were denied in error, contact Customer Service and explain the situation. Be sure to include the serial number you used to make your request.
If you purchased a single-user license directly from Adobe, there is a record of your purchase. Note the order number and the fact that it was purchased directly from Adobe on your communication. The agent verifies your purchase. If you purchased from a reseller, ask the reseller to provide you with a copy of your receipt. Adobe cannot approve a request without a valid proof of purchase.