Videoguys by Gary Bettan
This is not an April Fools joke. I have never been so happy to have to eat my words. Many of you may recall my Mac Pro Rant from back in December. I really had doubts that Apple would ever release a new Mac Pro. I was WRONG! At WWDC today Apple did just that, using line 'Can't innovate anymore, my ass' durng the presentation. Not only that, it will be built in the good old US of A!
Here is what we know:
- It's small, 1/8th the volume of a Mac Pro and is shaped like a black cylinder
- It uses up to 12 core Xeons
- Integrated Dual ATI FireGL workstation GPUs. That means no CUDA, but tons of OpenCL
- External expansion only via USB3 and count 'em SIX Thunderbolt 2 ports
- Made in th USA!!
Here are links to several websites with some more, but not a whole lot more, info:
- Apple Mac Pro The Future of the pro desktop. Coming later this year.
- nofilmschool Apple Unveils New Miniature Mac Pro with Dual Integrated Workstation GPUs
- The Verge Apple previews radically redesigned Mac Pro: 'Can't innovate anymore, my ass'
- engadget Apple's new Mac Pro announced with cylindrical design, 12-core Intel Xeon E5 CPU, Thunderbolt 2.0 and support for 4K displays
- Mac|Life WWDC 2013: Apple Announces Powerful, Fast, Sleek New Mac Pro
- Apple Insider Apple offers sneak peek at new cylindrical Mac Pro assembled in the USA
- Macworld UK Apple launches brand new, redesigned Mac Pro
- All Things D Apple Previews New Mac Pro With Cylindrical Design, Double the Power
- Tech Crunch Apple (Finally) Updates The Mac Pro
- fcp.co Sneak peak of the new Mac Pro at WWDC 2013 - Standby to be amazed
- Cult of Mac Meet The New Mac Pro [WWDC 2013]
- Studiodaily Apple Debuts Dramatic Redesign for Mac Pro
- Post Apple Previews new Mac Pro
- c|net The Mac that Thunderbolt built: the newly compact Mac Pro
- engadget Next-generation Apple Mac Pro eyes-on at WWDC 2013 (video)