We are passing on the good word that Avid has released Media Composer update v8.2.6 that allows all professional users to upgrade their editing and shared storage applications to the latest Apple software without conflict. Media Composer is now officially supported with Mac OS X Yosemite (version 10.10)!
Now Available! Avid Media Composer 8.2.6 with Mac Yosemite SupportAvid is pleased to announce the release of Media Composer v8.2.6.
Fixes include (but are not limited to):
- Support for Mac OS v10.10.4, v10.10.5
- You might have received a message asking you to quarantine media while ingesting on Standalone editing applications running Transfer Engine.
- Videos in the source and client monitors were ¼ size when in Trim Mode
- In some instances segment editing in multicam mode was very slow.
- XDCAM files that had been imported into Media Composer v6.5.4 displayed blocks on the last frames when played back in previous v8.2 releases
- You could not AMA link to AirSpeed 5000 MXF files
- Pressing the Num Lock key multiple times might have resulted in crashing the editing application
- In some instances, Media Composer would freeze when exporting XDAM 50 media to ISIS storage