Matrox Adds New Features to Matrox MXO2 I/O Devices for the Mac
Highlights include scaling on capture, ProRes 422 720p capture on a MacBook Pro, and compatibility with Apple Xserve systems
Montreal, Canada – March 26, 2009–Matrox® Video Products Group today announced that release 1.3 for the Matrox MXO2 product line is now available as a free download from the Matrox website to all registered users. This release brings users a host of new productivity features and workflow enhancements. Highlights include the following:
- Scaling on the input for capture – Users can now choose to capture to a different format than their source video. Matrox MXO2 will use high-quality 10-bit hardware scaling to either upscale, downscale, or cross-convert to the desired capture format.
- ProRes 422 720p capture on a MacBook Pro – Users can now capture full raster 4:2:2 720p HD on a MacBook Pro. Matrox MXO2 supports ProRes 422 when capturing to 720p at 23.98 fps in real time on a MacBook Pro with a 2.4 GHz or faster Core2 Duo CPU.
- Apple Xserve support – The Matrox MXO2 products can now be used with the Apple Xserve systems commonly used in OB vans, broadcast environments, and networked facilities.
"Our large installed base of Matrox MXO2 customers is constantly finding new ways to use our products, with Mac Pros in the edit suite and with MacBook Pros on the road," said Alberto Cieri, Matrox senior sales and marketing director. "We’ve listened to them and are now delivering the features they need to support today’s most popular workflows."
Matrox MXO2 release 1.3 will be demonstrated at NAB 2009 in booth SL3814.
Key features of Matrox MXO2
- Works with Intel-based MacBook Pros, Mac Pros, and Apple Xserve systems
- Lightweight – less than 3 ½ lbs. (1600 grams)
- Fits in your laptop bag – 13" x 9½" x 2" (330mm x 241mm x 51mm
- Can run off a field battery (or its AC adapter)
- HD/SD SDI, HD/SD analog component, Y/C, and composite inputs and outputs
- Genlock – SD analog black burst (bi-level) or HD tri-level sync
- HDMI input, output, and monitoring with calibration controls including blue-only
- 10-bit realtime hardware up/down/cross conversion on capture and output
- Up to five user selectable simultaneous video outputs – HD and/or SD on HDMI, SDI, and analog
- Professional audio inputs and outputs with 5.1 surround sound monitoring
- RS-422 machine control for frame-accurate capture and print-to-tape
- Captures to a variety of codecs – Apple ProRes 422 HQ, 10-bit uncompressed HD, and many more
- Supports file-based workflows – XDCAM, XDCAM HD, XDCAM EX, P2,
- Works with Final Cut Pro, Apple Color, Adobe After Effects and all QuickTime applications that support the V-out component
Release 1.3 software is available to registered users as a free download from the Matrox website.