Post-production professionals see every pixel of every 4K frame in real time to craft breathtaking content
LAS VEGAS – April 8, 2013 — Matrox® Video today announced Matrox Mojito 4K™, a quad 3G-SDI, 4K video monitoring card for use with the upcoming release of Adobe® professional video editing tools on Windows® platforms. Matrox Mojito 4K enables realtime monitoring and output of video footage at resolutions up to 4096 x 2160 and at frame rates up to 60 fps (4Kp60).
“Native realtime 4K editing and monitoring will become a reality in 2013,” said Daniel Maloney, technical marketing manager at Matrox. “Along with new codec, CPU and display technologies, the Matrox Mojito 4K card is one of the innovations that will make it happen.”
Matrox Mojito 4K will be featured at the 2013 NAB Show in the Matrox booth SL4616 and in the Sony booth C11001. The realtime 4K editing demonstrations will showcase the Matrox Mojito 4K card in a workstation-class Windows computer running Adobe Premiere® Pro and driving a Sony PVM-X300 reference monitor.
Key features of Matrox Mojito 4K
- 4K (4096 x 2160), QFHD (3840 x 2160), 2K(2048 x 1080), HD and SD output resolutions
- 60 fps frame rate support, even at 4K resolutions
- SD, HD and 3G-SDI connectivity per SMPTE 259, 292 and 424/425M Level A and Level B mapping
- 8- and 10-bit YUV output at all resolutions and frames rates
- 16 channels of SDI embedded audio support
- Bi-level and tri-level genlock input
- Five full-size BNC connectors directly on the card bracket
- Highly optimized Adobe Transmit plug-ins for Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe SpeedGrade™
- WYSIWYG support for Adobe After Effects® and Photoshop®
Matrox Developer Products for 4K
Matrox also offers 4K solutions for OEMs. Matrox DSX™ Developer Products include 4K input and output hardware powered by a feature-rich SDK, a selection of codecs up to 4K resolution, extensive file format support and tools for quick app development.