The Matrox MXO2 LE is now shipping. It brings you all of the power, performance, quality and the features of the award winning MXO2, for under $1,000! The only difference is you get a little less audio I/O, but all the great cross and down conversion capabilities. This makes the MXO2 LE simply the best SDI equipped I/O solution for Final Cut editors for under $1,000!!
Top 10 Reasons to Buy Matrox MXO2 LE – Not AJA Io Express
- Matrox MXO2 LE offers more features at the same price - $995.
- Matrox MXO2 LE provides 10-bit HDMI monitoring with a unique color calibration tool that turns your HDMI screen into a professional-grade video monitor - Io Express does not offer a calibration utility.
- Matrox MXO2 LE provides 10-bit realtime hardware up/down/cross conversion on capture and output - Io Express does not provide any scaling.
- Matrox MXO2 LE supports analog component, Y/C, and composite input - Io Express does not support any analog input.
- Matrox MXO2 LE provides analog component, Y/C, and composite output simultaneously via separate, dedicated connectors - Io Express has only three connectors used for a component output or Y/C and composite output.
- Matrox MXO2 LE can output HD and SD video simultaneously - Io Express cannot.
- Matrox MXO2 LE features professional XLR audio: 2-in, 2 out - Io Express does not support XLR audio.
- Matrox MXO2 LE has stereo audio inputs (RCA) - Io Express does not.
- A version of Matrox MXO2 LE is available with Matrox MAX technology for faster than realtime H.264 encoding for Blu-ray, the web, and mobile devices – Io Express does not offer this important benefit.
- Matrox MXO2 LE has a sturdy, stylish, metal enclosure that is designed to dissipate heat and protect your connections for longer product life and better stability – Io Express has a plastic enclosure.
Download the comparison directly from Matrox
MXO2 LE vs AJA Io Express (pdf 100 KB)