Drivers now available for Matrox MXO2 family of I/O devices and Matrox CompressHD H.264 encoder card
(Amsterdam-IBC, The Netherlands--September 10, 2009) Matrox Video Products Group today announced that release 1.6 for Matrox MXO2, Matrox MXO2 Rack, Matrox MXO2 Mini, and Matrox CompressHD is now available as a free download from the Matrox website to all registered users.
The Matrox products will be demonstrated at IBC 2009 on stand 7.B29. This release implements support for the new Final Cut Studio including Final Cut Pro 7 with Apple’s new ProRes 422 (LT), ProRes 422 (Proxy) formats and Compressor 3.5.
“We strive to continually add value to our product line by providing customers with the features they need to support today’s most popular workflows,” said Wayne Andrews, product manager at Matrox. “This new release adds important options to our users’ creativity tool sets.”
Support for new Apple ProRes 422 formats:
- All Matrox MXO2 I/O devices support capture to Apple ProRes 422 (LT) and ProRes 422 (Proxy) on Mac Pros and MacBook Pros with an Intel Core2Duo 2.4 or higher CPU.
New H.264 encoding features:
- Matrox MAX H.264 encoding acceleration for Apple Compressor 3.5 provides three categories of presets – Fast Encode, High-Quality, and Blu-ray – or users can create their own customized settings. Matrox Fast Encode presets use the MAX hardware and the CPU to deliver H.264 files faster than realtime. Quality is better than Compressor Single-pass. Matrox High Quality presets use the MAX hardware exclusively, thereby freeing-up CPU power for other tasks. Quality is comparable to Compressor Multi-pass. Matrox Blu-ray presets use the Matrox High Quality technology to create Blu-ray compliant H.264 files faster than realtime.
Key features of Matrox MAX technology for the Mac
- Faster than realtime creation of H.264 files, for resolutions ranging from iPod to HD
- A specialized, dedicated hardware processor liberates system resources for other tasks
- Accelerated encoding for Blu-ray, Apple TV, YouTube, Flash, web formats, and mobile devices including iPhone and iPod from various video sources including 2K files
- Direct integration with Apple Compressor and Telestream Episode to simplify workflow
- Creation of Blu-ray H.264 files that can be authored in Apple Compressor 3.5, Adobe Encore CS4 or Roxio Toast 10 and burned without re-encoding