Powerful new features
The perfect time to upgrade.
Get current to experience the full power of Media Composer
If you’ve been considering an upgrade to the latest version of Media Composer, this is the time to end the wait. The trusted choice for professional video editors is now better than ever. From resolution independence, to 4K capabilities, to background rendering, and even greater color and detail. And here’s one perfect reason to do it now: You’ll save big when you upgrade by March 31, 2015.
“Media Composer allows us to incorporate many different media formats, while simultaneously managing expectations of quality.”
Robert M. Malachowski Jr.
Supervising Editor, The Voice
See the full list of new features in Media Composer
Upgrade by March 31 and save
Upgrade now through March 31, 2015 and pay just $499 (USD), plus you’ll get all future upgrades included for one year, as well as access to expert help. Or purchase an upgrade from April 1–May 15, 2015 and pay a last-chance upgrade price of $699.
Then stay current for only $299/year thereafter. Either way, you’ll be able to edit faster and more easily than ever.
Videoguys is an authorized Avid partner and we still have Media Composer upgrade/ annual support plans that we can sell for $285! This is for a limited time only and it will only last as long as we have inventory left. We think we have enough to allow us to continue selling thru March, but we can’t guarantee that. Avid will not allow us to purchase any more, so when they are gone, they are gone forever.
Get current with Media Composer—upgrades available for a limited time
As an Avid editor, you’ve probably grown quite attached to your software over the years and know it inside and out. But did you know you can edit 4K media just as easily as you currently do with HD and deliver dramatically higher quality content even faster—and still feel right at home?
You can with the latest version of Media Composer.
If you’re still editing with an older version of Media Composer, Symphony, or NewsCutter, you may or may not be aware that our software upgrade policy has changed. Since May 2014, Media Composer upgrades are now only available through an Avid upgrade plan—Avid no longer offers individual software upgrades for purchase.
We set a deadline of December 31, 2014 last year for all Media Composer owners to get on an Avid upgrade plan, but we know many of you missed your chance. That’s why we’re giving you another opportunity to get current*.
Upgrade now through March 31, 2015 and pay just $499 (USD) to upgrade to Media Composer 8, plus you’ll get all future upgrades included for one year, as well as access to expert help. Or purchase an upgrade from April 1–May 15, 2015 and pay a last-chance upgrade price of $699. Then stay current for only $299/year thereafter. Either way, you’ll be able to edit faster and more easily than ever.
This limited time upgrade offer expires May 15, 2015.
Why upgrade to Media Composer 8?
- Edit 2K, 4K, Ultra HD, and other higher-res media natively
- Work in any resolution without limits with Avid Resolution Independence
- Get greater beauty without the high-res bandwidth with DNxHR
- Automate duplicating and parking high-res media into nearline storage
- Automatically transcode media to working editorial formats
- Deliver high-res masters of finished projects right from Media Composer
- Preserve image detail with support for higher frame rates, including 48p and 60p
- Produce more vivid, truer imagery with enhanced color management
- Eliminate the wait with background rendering and transcoding
- Create better sounding stories with a full suite of audio tools and support for AAX plug-ins
- Enjoy the benefits of being on the Avid MediaCentral Platform
- Get all Media Composer updates, upgrades, and expert help for one year
Got Symphony or NewsCutter?
If you haven’t heard, the tools you know and love are now offered a little differently. Media Composer is now the flagship application that contains all of the tools and features you need for creative editorial—the same ones you’ve been using in Symphony and NewsCutter. Symphony’s finishing tools are now offered as an add-on through the Media Composer | Symphony Option, which provides advanced and secondary color correction tools, plus mastering tools and the Boris Continuum Complete Lite VFX package. And NewsCutter’s NRCS Tool is now available as an add-on through the Media Composer | NewsCutter Option for iNEWS and ENPS integration. Upgrade your version of Symphony or NewsCutter to the latest Media Composer and you’ll also get the respective option add-on included with your purchase at no additional cost*.
- Stay up to date as all future Media Composer upgrades are included with your 1-year plan and accessible from the cloud as soon as they’re available; simply renew your plan annually for just $299/year to stay current
- Get help whenever, wherever, and however you need it, with world-class experts available worldwide to answer questions and resolve issues
* If you choose not to purchase an upgrade plan, you’ll still be able to use your version of software, but will not be able to upgrade it at a later time.