The Industry’s First LTO-8 Tape Drive Solutions with Thunderbolt Connectivity
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE
)--NAB NY Show - mLogic
, the leader in Thunderbolt LTO tape archiving solutions today announced that its popular mTape and mRack are now available with LTO-8 drives. Both units feature Thunderbolt connectivity, a native storage capacity of 12TB per tape and a data transfer rate of up to 300 MB/second. mTape and mRack support industry standard LTFS technology and are compatible with archiving and media asset management software from Archiware, Axle, Imagine Products, Square Box, StorageDNA, YoYotta and others.
mTape LTO-8 Highlights
mRack LTO-8 Highlights
- The first desktop LTO-8 tape archiving solution with Thunderbolt connectivity
- Portable form factor with rugged, light-weight aluminum construction
- DC powered for operation in any environment
- The first 1U rack mountable LTO-8 tape archiving solution with Thunderbolt connectivity
- Available with single or dual LTO-8 tape drives
- Ideal for mounting in standard 19” racks or Digital Imaging Technician (DIT) carts
“By incorporating LTO-8 technology throughout our Thunderbolt enabled mTape and mRack product lines, mLogic continues its mission of providing the most innovative tape archiving solutions in the industry,” said Roger Mabon, CEO of mLogic. “LTO is without question the most cost-effective and robust storage medium to safeguard content for the long-term. mTape and mRack with LTO-8 now offer an astounding 12TB of native storage capacity per tape cartridge and are ideal for protecting the vast amounts of material generated by companies in the media & entertainment, medical imaging and video surveillance fields.”
Pricing and Availability
mTape and mRack with LTO-8 drives are available now from mLogic’s global network of authorized resellers and distributors. MSRPs start at $5,999 excluding local taxes.