Most Complete Platforms for Adobe Creative Suite 5 Production Premium Now Shipping – Matrox MXO2 Family for PC
Montreal, Canada – July 9, 2010 — Matrox® Video Products Group today announced the immediate availability of support for Adobe Creative Suite 5 Production Premium software with Matrox MXO™2 I/O devices for Windows. The key features of this new release include: full-resolution, full-frame-rate, multi-layer, realtime video editing via Matrox RT™ technology; lightning fast H.264 hardware encoding for Blu-ray, the Web, and mobile devices via Matrox MAX technology; and professional audio and video input and output with 10-bit hardware up/down/cross conversion.
"The Matrox MXO2 devices deliver much more than just I/O for Adobe CS5 Production Premium," said Alberto Cieri, senior director of sales and marketing at Matrox. "Users love the built-in color calibration tool for inexpensive HDMI monitoring and now the MAX versions give them even more added advantages. They benefit from lightning fast high definition H.264 file creation as well as Matrox RT technology that enhances the Adobe Mercury Playback Engine to save time and boost editing productivity."
Key features of the Matrox MXO2 family for PC
- Convenient form factors for use in studio, on set, in the field, and in OB vans
- Works with Windows 7 and Windows Vista (64-bit) laptops and desktops
- Broadcast quality HD/SD video and audio input/output
- Flexible support for leading codecs, file formats, cameras, and workflows
- Captures to HD and SD codecs – 8- and 10-bit uncompressed and highly efficient Matrox MPEG-2 I-frame
- Extensive application support including Adobe Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, and After Effects
- 10-bit HDMI input, output and monitoring with calibration controls including blue-only
- 10-bit realtime hardware up/down/cross conversion on capture and output
- Matrox A/V Tools application for fast capture/playback of audio, video, and still frames
- Three-year hardware warranty and complimentary telephone support
Additional features with Matrox MAX
- Lightning fast H.264 encoding with Adobe Media Encoder, Premiere Pro and Encore
- Matrox RT technology that enhances the Adobe Mercury Playback Engine to provide full-resolution, full-frame-rate, multi-layer, realtime video editing and advanced realtime Matrox Flex CPU effects
Matrox Mtx.utils 3.0 provides the following new features:
|•||Support for Adobe Creative Suite 5 Production Premium software, including Adobe Premiere Pro CS5, Adobe Encoder CS5, and Adobe Encore CS5 (earlier versions of these programs are not supported).|
|•||You can now add many Matrox effects to your Adobe Premiere Pro sequences, including chroma key, luma key, and wipes.|
|•||On MXO2 systems that have MAX technology or a Matrox CompressHD card, new Matrox RT technology gives you full-resolution, full-frame-rate, multi-layer, realtime video editing in Premiere Pro. With Matrox RT technology, all the Matrox effects are realtime, and many Premiere Pro effects and transitions are accelerated for realtime playback, including Motion effects, dissolves, fades, and speed changes.|
|•||Up/down/cross conversion for video capture and output, and support for selecting analog component RGB or YUV output.|
|•||Matrox RS-422 device control for capturing clips and exporting your Matrox sequences to tape in Adobe Premiere Pro.|
|•||New 32-bit and 64-bit Matrox Video for Windows (VFW) codecs, including “+ Alpha” versions of the Matrox uncompressed and MPEG-2 I-frame codecs.|
|•||The Matrox WYSIWYG plug-ins now support 32-bit and 64-bit applications.|
|•||When encoding using the Matrox MAX H.264 codec on MXO2 products with MAX technology and CompressHD, the following new features are provided:
– Support for H.264 levels 4.1 and 4.2, and a maximum data rate of 50 Mb/sec.
– A maximum GOP size of 254.
– A slider is provided to let you adjust the bitrate for AAC audio.
– Support for transcoding directly to Matrox H.264 format for Blu-ray Disc authoring in Adobe Encore.
|Note: This release is not supported for use with Avid editing software. At present, you must use Mtx.utils version 2.2 if you want to use your MXO2 Mini or MXO2 Mini with MAX with Avid Media Composer or NewsCutter.|
Price and availability
Adobe CS5 support for the Matrox MXO2 devices for Windows (Mtx.utils 3.0) is available to registered users as a free download from the Matrox website. Matrox RT features and H.264 encoding acceleration can be added to systems using versions of the MXO2 family without MAX by adding a Matrox CompressHD3 card.